Very POOR customer service experience

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Very POOR customer service experience

Post by Melvin »

Hello CamMan,

I apologize for the delayed response. Could you please PM me your email address and reference ticket number if you have one. Unfortunately we are not in a position to send the older firmware for you. However I will get some of the higher level technicians look into this for you.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

CamMan

Post by CamMan »

Melvin,
The responses from you/Amcrest are so sporadic that I don't anticipate getting anything resolved. You folks apparently don't use the PM system much, otherwise I expect I'd seen a message to me regarding the matter rather than having to page through the forums repeatedly to find a response weeks after I replied. It all seems to be a big runaround to get people to give up asking for help. It is very effective too. You say contact us, but to what end? I've given you folks my info repeatedly and get no calls back. My emails went without response. Why should I waste more of my time in addition to having apparently wasted my money? No one takes ownership of the issues, which seldom results in issues being resolved, and generally simply further frustrates the customer till they are no longer a customer. So, if you folks really want to resolve anything, you will have one last chance to prove it when I send you/Amcrest my info again. After that, if followup is not forthcoming, I will no longer be an Amcrest customer and will advise others to think twice before making a purchase from Amcrest. I've about reached my limit of patience.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

My experience with customer service and this forum support has been good so far.
MotleyGrrl

Post by MotleyGrrl »

A month later and it looks like they still haven't bettered their customer service. The "techs" are SO condescending I'm thinking about just getting a camera with someone else. I spent 2 hours on the phone last week and my issue still isn't resolved. Within the first minute of my first phone call I told them I had upgraded to ios10. They made me go through every step 100 times acting like I was an idiot and it was MY fault. And Now I hear they had to update the app for ios10. BULLSH%T.
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

POOR IS BEING KIND, crappy product with no, and I mean NO customer support.

Company must be run by monkeys.

NOT A STEVE JOBS or ELON MUSK experience!
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Marlowe,

Could you please describe the issue you are encountering with the product? We can surely help you out.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

You are not alone. Poor customer service is an understatement.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Danimal,

Sorry to hear this. I have responded to your issue on the other thread.

manishkarnatak

Post by manishkarnatak »

I wish I hadnt borought this camera.
Guys you would feel better after hearing my problem.
After seeing good reviews on amazon I ordered this product and paid shipping charges to get it delivered to India.
However a good thing is Indian embassy has a department to look after such problems and are capable of even suing the company in the light of 'over promising and under delivery'.
I am visiting them tomorrow and throwing this product out of my balcony and I suggest you guys to go for a D-link ip camera(or other cheaper alternatives) and dont fall for Bot reviews on amazon.
I was using a local brand and a Dlink till now and never faced any problem. I am satisfied with VGA as long as it gives me peace of mind.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello manishkarnatak,

I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Have you tried contacting our support team? Could you please tell us more about the issue?