Using motion sensor as camera alarm trigger

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
djsteve

Using motion sensor as camera alarm trigger

Post by djsteve »

Has anyone tapped into a motion-sensing floodlight and used its signal for an alarm input on an external camera? Better yet, is there a motion-floodlight on the market with a trigger output? Would love to have motion trigger an alarm on camera so that actions occur (PTZ, photo, video tag).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Using motion sensor as camera alarm trigger

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum..

So I am not sure I follow. If your talking about a Motion Flood light cam there is another company that already has them...

About a Motion Sensor to trigger a Camera I have PTZ37x from years before I knew Amcrest from another company. While it does offer 7alarm inputs and 2 out from the dome alone. It is connected to a DVR that has 32 imputs and 20 some out... So there is loads that could be done.. Right now only have 3 Motion Alarm Outdoor sensors connected to the dome, so I don't have to have my Speed Dome doing anything but standing ready.. I mean there are over 255 Presets, scan, patterns groups and Motion tracking... Anyway to keep it simple I have it setup facing North if it gets motion it will track the motion, after gone it will return home, When home it will take command inputs from my RS485 controller or will go to a set position if motion sensors are tripped. These are animal immune. If there is motion the camera will pick up and track. Once motion out of range if not in another trigger zone like goes to the front of the garage it will wait 10seconds and return to home aka Guard state. Or at any time I want with my RS485 controller I can take control of the dome and do what ever I like with it. Right now Cold out but it don't mind has built in heater and fan to keep it running smooth.

So while I will admit having a Speed dome is great. But when I first got it I thought ok now I can get rid of some of my other cameras... I could but I like to have more then 1 view point. Never know when I need to see something from a different angle.

What kind of actions are you looking to do with this triggered Camera?

My Amcrest DVR that does have 2 IP imputs has the ability to on motion make my PTZ pan or tilt to a preset that is setup... Sadly only thing lacking with the Feature of these cameras is there is no Home setting and to code that in is rather easy... In the FW the coding would need to have it setup when turned on go to Preset 1 or what ever you pick as home. Could even be a Pattern you pick but have it have a home... Then after Motion tracking or PTZ on Alarm or Trigger after a Set time return home... Home would be a Drop down box that you can pick one of the Presets as home or some other option... Another drop down box offers how long after Trigger, or action 1,3,5 10, or 60 minutes... Would make them little cameras almost perfect then... :)
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe