Unable to install webview plugin

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
astrodoc71

Unable to install webview plugin

Post by astrodoc71 »

I already have an Amcrest camera working normally and just purchased another one. Both cameras are listed in the IP config page with different IP addresses obviously. When I click on the new camera it is still asking me to download the plugin for the new IP address which then fails to install with error as follows : Can't write C:\\Program files\webrec\Torch\3.0.0.3\VideoWindow.dll . I am using IE as a browser
Thanks
Dave
astrodoc71

Re: Unable to install webview plugin

Post by astrodoc71 »

Just a quick update. I can operate the camera through the AmcrestView.com portal and interestingly the plugin for that seems to work fine.
AngryDragon

Post by AngryDragon »

Ok I’ve been able to resolve three major issues within the last 12 hrs so let’s start with your problem.

The plugin still works if you use ie 11 browser which is available in windows 10. (Don’t use Microsoft edge) IE 11 is actually available if your search for it in your programs directory.

You should also turnoff the Microsoft firewall.
NealCams

Post by NealCams »

IE works the best with the camera plugins.
Also you need to adjust Windows Firewall to let the camera program get though. Not a good idea to turn off Firewall completely. It takes awhile to get everything setup correctly. Keep working and you will get it.

I have multiple cameras and view multiple ways. It took awhile to get things working well.
John94si

Post by John94si »

Download SeaMonkey browser.. it works perfectly and no plugin required.
martin777

Post by martin777 »

The Google Chrome Amcrest Web View app works in Win7, Win10.
I was also able to get it working in Linux Mint 18.3.
IP2M-842E,848E,853E,858W (all PoE), 3-841W's WiFi