The One Feature you like about your DVR/NVR

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

The One Feature you like about your DVR/NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all... Just looking for some ideas of what everyone likes about their current Amcrest DVR/NVR or I guess even could be an Amcrest IP camera... Please this is Amcrest Forums lets keep the Features liked to Amcrest Products. No free plugs to other products that isn't sold by Amcrest...

AMDV7204-2b-2D.
Love the Smart Search Feature in Playback.

So for the people that don't have one or haven't ever used one... You bring up playback, you pick the day, then you could if you want pick a Starting time in the bar below or have the system give you a List at the right you can start off either of them or Midnight. Then you pick the Smart Search, A grid comes up and you pick in the window area where you want the DVR to play footage of. Press the Smart Search button again and Play

SO in a 24hour window under normal speed I was able to pick my Road and the DVR played back everything that past by in the last 24hrs within a little over an hours time. This feature is good if you are looking for something and don't have a time frame to look. So you can set day. Do the smart Search until you find what you want to watch. Note time down. Press the stop, Then go back to the area you wanted to watch so you can watch all of what you were searching for...

NOT really AI, But could easily playback a day and count cars. Maybe your looking to see what traffic is like on Monday compared to Sat or Sunday for a project your running. Rather then watching all 24 hours could have all data within 2 unless you just have 24/7 traffic then your only wasting time lol...

Let us know what feature you like about your Amcrest System....
Be Safe.
Z-Man

Re: The One Feature you like about your DVR/NVR

Post by Z-Man »

I have a question about Smart Search.
Does it work in an area of the screen that is not setup for motion detection?
I don't setup that area for motion detection because it's the street. I only setup motion detection for the driveway. The street is in the view of the camera--just not setup for motion detection. However, I'd like to see all the cars that passed within a time period to see if I recognize a car.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Z-Man The truth be told I am not sure. What I do know is if there is no motion setup at all then it don't detect anything that I can remember of. The first few times I tried it I got nothing in the Results. Found that strange. SO I thought ok lets put up some grids and save Motion in JPG. Then used that to look over things as a time line but seen some of that can be hard to get anything useful when things moving so fast. However gives me a time line to look if I felt the need... So then I revisited the Motion Search and funny thing is I pick an area on the Screen it at times don't show anything there because there was non but shows me some from the road... I am going to reset my Grids to only do my Driveway and not the road and see if it picks up off the road... Funny thing is that is if I pick my Drive only and no one went that day. It will pick up things off the road however when it shows me it is just like the tail end of the cars.. However if I pick the Road then it shows all of the car from when it went into the scene.

Will report back what I find..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that bites lol.. I click on the Edit and was able to however by time I was done writing that edit window ran out. Lucky for me I was able to copy it so here was my edit...

Edit: Just looked since last night midnight to 1215pm today and picking a spot in my Driveway brought in 81 events on the road.. Mind you I do have it setup with a Motion Grid right now on the road as well at this time... Then if I did the search grid in a section of the road I get 141 for that same time. So now it is starting to snow but I am going to change my Grids so I don't have any on the road and see what happens and report back tomorrow. I say tomorrow because most of this was done at night and might pull off that grid that might be coming from the head lights or reflections into the other area... SO could be bad test without there being some night time
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I removed the Raod Motion grid and after doing so with Smart Search there was nothing that came up on the Road. While there was 1 trigger that did come up at night when my neighbor across from me backed in his drive that night. The light shines down my Dive and that did come up other then that there was nothing on the road... Last night I changed all grids on the Motion screen. I then left one on my Front Porch only. Looking today there is only 2 off the road. These were from another neighbor from house next door when they backed into the drive the light hit my porch and came up.. So I would put motion out at the Road if you want data off there... I would maybe setup another camera for road data.
Be Safe.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

@Revo2Maxx , Thanks for taking the time to test it.