Terrible Amcrest support. Huge mistake ordering with them.

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
TX379

Terrible Amcrest support. Huge mistake ordering with them.

Post by TX379 »

Well after researching systems for awhile I landed on Amcrest. Almost ordered them on Amazon but went straight to Amcrest site instead. Turns out they're local to me so why not support them.
Spoke with "Rodney" and got my order done on this 6 camera system and shipped. Seemed pretty painless but boy was I wrong.
Tracking with shipping was a joke. Couldn't get a straight answer and it just showed up one day. Cool, at least I got it.
Upon opening the box I can already tell its missing some items. Only 4 of the 6 cameras were in the box. Checked the packing list and yep, says 6 on there. Not only that, the 4 I DID get are wrong and not the ones I ordered or matching the packing list.
Call them up and they just direct me to the website for an RMA# to proceed. I asked about returning them in person but apparently I cant even do that. Also they clearly are NOT in Houston, TX as all calls are outsourced to India.
So far they've ghosted me and no updates have been given.
Steer clear of this company, can't seem to get the simplest of things right and their customer service is trash.
amcrest168

Re: Terrible Amcrest support. Huge mistake ordering with them.

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @TX379 and welcome to the forum. something is not adding up. i got curious and see if ordering from amazon shall take me straight to the amcrest site. well the product is sold by amcrest direct but still fulfilled by amazon. uncertain how you ended up straight to the amcrest site.

also consider the effect on both onshore and offshore customer support in the current pandemic situation. the indian government has issued a nationwide lockdown and migrant workers are all trying to get home and "chaos" is an understatement. just the current reality. stay safe.
amazon_cart.PNG
amazon_cart.PNG (32.3 KiB) Viewed 720 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

I am not sure where you bought your items.. I know when I go to Amcerst website for products it directs me to Amazon and the Amcerst Direct that is Amcrest and so is the one on Ebay if you do a search for Amcerst products any thing that is from Amcerst Direct has best Warranty and Support... If they got you the wrong thing THey will get you taken care of sadly in the Store local to you most people are working at home and I am not sure that the Store is open to the Public right now for Personal safety of the staff...

No Tracking never had that issue I have ordered something myself yesterday and I can see that it hasn't left yet but isn't going to get here until Friday so No rush anyway... I am older and I have been in with CCTV since long before Time Lapse VCR's with Reel to Reel system... I can tell you that out of all the companies that I have bought with in my many years Amcrest is 100000000000000 percent better at support then any of them...

Sadly I have spent loads of cash on OLD tech CCTV cameras... Some cameras costing more then I have spent on all my Amcrest Gear alone... If you were to call that company the answer you would get is That is old TECH we don't support that anymore so buy something new... Just glad I know how to repair my own Electronics because 2 of my cameras have had 2 different issues with 2 of the same PTZ DOME camera and seeing I paid just under a Grand Each 6 years ago I was not willing to toss them out... Another camera I own has 0 support and after having it outside for 2 years under cover but in weather that it shouldn't be in broke the belt and couldn't get the company to even tell me the belt to replace it with. I did get it fixed on my own and having to tear it down past most parts that others would want to Venture lol.... Another company yet Dome PTZ 400 each the pan Belt died and I contact the Support there and only answer I got was We don't sale Belts... NO S*$# but can't get a belt type or number of teeth or anything just buy a new camera and sure it is from 2013 but belt cost me even after having to buy 3 times to get the right one waiting for months I got the thing fixed on my own...

Any time I needed Support from Amcrest under normal times not when most of the world is under strict lockdown rules... I have had nothing but Great Support it might come from a Higher UP Support member but that is the Nature of the beast...

I am sure you will get what you ordered...
Be Safe.
TX379

Post by TX379 »

amcrest168 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm hi @TX379 and welcome to the forum. something is not adding up. i got curious and see if ordering from amazon shall take me straight to the amcrest site. well the product is sold by amcrest direct but still fulfilled by amazon. uncertain how you ended up straight to the amcrest site.

also consider the effect on both onshore and offshore customer support in the current pandemic situation. the indian government has issued a nationwide lockdown and migrant workers are all trying to get home and "chaos" is an understatement. just the current reality. stay safe.

amazon_cart.PNG
Because I ordered it straight off the Amcrest website. They have a chat that pops up and I requested a quote.
They emailed me an estimate and if I wanted to proceed to call them. Which I did.
They have ghosted me and not even trying to fix this. Now I'm stuck with $800+ worth of stuff sitting in a box thats incorrect.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

A few thoughts -

Make sure you keep a full record of everything, emails, invoices, delivery notes, photo of the box and contents.

These are very unusual/difficult times so I think you're going to have to cut them a bit of slack. A lot of people are working from home.

Be firm but be fair and reasonable. I'm sure that thing will be sorted out for you although it may take a little longer than you would like.

The pop up chat windows - spawn of the devil as far as I'm concerned!!
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
TX379

Post by TX379 »

Yes, everything is being documented.
My initiaal issue is this shouldn't have even been shipped this way. The order is completely wrong.
My second issue is now having to deal with this during these times, which I can tell is going to be awhile.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

longedge wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:46 am The pop up chat windows - spawn of the devil as far as I'm concerned!!
Yeah I agree..

@TX379 Yeah I have seen that pop up and have a big dislike for it... Used to pop up on here all the time and after little while was able to get it removed because most people are coming here for support or help of an issue and getting a Pop Up about sales every time you turn around can drive people away

So i am going to guess that when you made your order either there was a Break Down in Communication either between you and the order taker or might have been between them and the place it was sent from I am again going to guess it came from Amazon. For future buys I would just go and look at the item you want and then choose to buy off the link from Amazon this will ensure you get Tracking info... However if you don't shop there you can also get all the things and even more off the Ebay site... They there at times have sales where you can pick things up for 1/2 of what you could get on Amazon if your willing to wait for an auction to run full term however they do have buy it now as well.. Again I have just ordered something from Amcrest Direct on Amazon a couple of days ago will be here tomorrow.. Everything that I have bought from there I was able to Track and even know on the day what time it will be here and even where the Driver is and how many stops before they are at my place so there is a Good thing using Amazon where I normally don't like Amazon because they are really Competition to Amcrest in many ways but they have a working relationship so that works for me then...

What camera system did you get in place of the one you wanted?
Be Safe.
TX379

Post by TX379 »

Amazon is my go-to, shop there everyday. I thought being local would help but I can see if clearly did not.
Breakdown is pretty much where it got sent from. My invoice & packing list is correct but whats in the box is wrong.
Sadly nothing in place as of yet, I ALMOST went with Axis Communications and now I realize I should have. Sure its more expensive but way better USA support.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@TX379

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your shipment as well as items missing. We are in Houston TX I assure you, We have 2 support teams one is outsourced but trained by the Houston team and we also have the Houston team. Unfortunately at this time we are not open to pickup or drop off due to the current situation.

I highly advise sending us an email if you haven't already. (https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport) This will allow us to keep track of this issue better and assist you much quicker. If you have a ticket and know the number please let me know as I would be more than happy to assist and see what I can do to further push the process if possible.
TX379

Post by TX379 »

Things are starting to move.
Emails are sent but god they respond sooooooo slowly, about 3-4 days after.
RMA was accepted but packing list sent was still incorrect. Which took another 3-4 for them to correct.
Shame, I had high hopes for these but looks like I'm dodging a bullet of future headaches by backing out now.