SSL Certificate

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
chrisc

SSL Certificate

Post by chrisc »

Is there a way to install a custom SSL certificate on the IP2M-841B? The current one is expired and I can not use a custom internal domain name without a certificate mismatch error.
jamestx10

Re: SSL Certificate

Post by jamestx10 »

Current Firefox would not even allow me to add an exception to access the camera via the HTTPS page. Hopefully this is corrected soon.
IP2M-841
gijoecool

Post by gijoecool »

I would also like to see the certificate updated.
alex09

Post by alex09 »

Just received this camera - model IP2M-841B.
Steps to duplicate issue
1. Enabling HTTPS.
2. Access camera URL

Error
The certificate appears to be expired.
I know I can ignore it in IE, however the App that I am using does not allow bypassing the expception.

What are the steps to get a valid certificate? Can I enable telnet or SSH and generate my own certificate ?

Thank you.

Software Version 2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08
WEB Version 3.2.1.377299
ONVIF Version 2.42
Amcrest SSL error 1.JPG
Amcrest SSL error 1.JPG (47.52 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
Amcrest SSL error 2.JPG
Amcrest SSL error 2.JPG (40.04 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
Doktor Jones

Post by Doktor Jones »

Having just ordered an Amcrest camera, I am disturbed to see this; this is why we're replacing our current camera (its built-in certificate expired, rendering it unusable). Hopefully there's a way to update the certificate, or even just use it without https (it won't be internet accessible, so if someone's snooping on the network we have bigger problems than them seeing the camera traffic).
GreenScrew

Post by GreenScrew »

It is a little disturbing that this still hasn't been addressed by the Amcrest team and the concern never seems to get a response from the support team here which is equally if not more disturbing. Melvin can you weigh in on the plug-in cert being expired?!?!
alex09

Post by alex09 »

Still not solved. Can't find any new firmware update. Logging a new ticket for support. It's a new year :)
nbraunstein

Post by nbraunstein »

still nothing.
Tekn0logy

Post by Tekn0logy »

:evil: Seriously dev team? I just purchased IP2M-842E and IP2M-844E on 5 October 2017 and both have outdated firmware. Aside from the certificate issue, I'm sure that there are countless vulnerabilities that need to be addressed. Is source code available so somebody else can create a custom firmware image with the capability to either upload a certificate or generate one on the fly like some other Amcrest cameras? https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... rest-WebUI
MrOnosa

Post by MrOnosa »

Another year, another annoyed customer. Please update the firmware with a new valid root certificate.

They should really fix their own stuff, but I posted a workaround.
How to securely connect to to your Amcrest Video Security System using a local Linux server, like a Raspberry Pi
[](/lyram09)