Some things to know if you own 850EB of old

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Some things to know if you own 850EB of old

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would put this out there as a word of Caution. Seeing the camera is no longer supported and will not get any new Updates there is one big issue with the camera that I don't want others to fall into. If you make the same mistake that I do (Not my first time) your camera will become unstable and won't have access much longer then 10 to 30 seconds after you try to access the PTZ.. Only way to cure it is to do a Hard Reset at the Camera the Software Reset for this 850EB camera is kind of a Joke and don't do much in the way for resetting much.. In fact to be honest I am Glad that the reset button fixed my issue because oddly it didn't change my Presets in the camera..

So what is the issue at Foot.. Well in the camera there is a section that talks about Schedule PTZ and you can setup 4 different things for the camera to do at a set time. When you make that change and save the camera will go all crazy and stop working as it did before you made that setting changes..

Word of Caution if you see that page in your WebUI stay away because only way to fix it is as I said before the Reset button on the camera. Had to go reset my camera in a early part of the Lightning and thunderstorm before the rain came. Because once it starts to rain it won't stop it says for the next 24 hours with flood warnings and all so I wanted to get it reset even knowing I was at risk.

Even though you can see in the picture below about Reset in the PTZ that only removes the presets and that didn't even stay very long after pressing that.. I tried everything offered in the cameras WebUI to reset the mistake of setting an option there and nothing worked and that is why I had to do the Reset at the camera.
Screenshot (2572).png
Screenshot (2572).png (23.37 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe