So Who has the new Amcrest Doorbell Camera needs mount

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

So Who has the new Amcrest Doorbell Camera needs mount

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all, I am just wondering out out of the People that have the New doorbell how many people feel that the Install is good 100% or do you think you would like a mount of some sort? I don't know how many people have Vinyl siding or Other siding that isn't flat that just don't look right when your new camera is mounted!

Me, I need a Mount however mine is not going to be as easy as some others Seeing I have 4.5" Dutch Lap. So then there is some other issues behind that as well.. A flat plate isn't going to work.. However then I got to thinking well maybe seeing it is mounted already not as nice as I would like it. however maybe rather then have a mount I could make a different cover plate with the filler in the back.. However that really wouldn't work because in my case as well it is facing to high so that leaves the need for a nice mounting plate that will also have the lap filler area and will offer the ability to have camera not facing the Sky as it is right now.

So if you have the Doorbell camera what kind of siding do you have and what type of plate would you need? 15 degree, 25 degree right or left angle wedge or maybe a 10 or 15 degree down facing wedge? Inside or outside corner wedge?

Problem is a normal 10 or 15 degree down facing wedge might not be for everyone.. However that alone with a Flat Filler Mounting plate for type of Siding one has could be a beautiful install one proud to show every one...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Re: So Who has the new Amcrest Doorbell Camera needs mount

Post by amcrest168 »

there are printable wedge mounts for the ad110 doorbell, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4081201. i wish amcrest can also post printable wedge mount files for folks with unique doorbell mounting requirements.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I seen this before sadly that just wouldn't work for my case.. But it was nice enough to offer some for others that could print them out... sadly I have Dutch Lap Siding and as such a Flat back plate wouldn't work for my needs.. As there are others out there as well that a flat plate wouldn't work. Sadly this 4 wedges are only in 1 direction. To be honest if it was done out a little more it might work right or left.. However as it stands only to the right I think it was... But only could go one way do to screw holes that are in there.. to be honest the designer could put in 3 more holes and make it work in both directions... 3 of them anyway.. One with the Cover not so much
Be Safe.
acbone710

Post by acbone710 »

Update from Amcrest:

As of now, there is no setting to adjust this setting however our team is pushing an update that will fix this issue and allow you to manually control the on and off times of the IR lights. Unfortunately, I have not been given an eta as to when this update will go live. I apologize for the inconvenience.