Selling my ip2m-841

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
garypsu67

Selling my ip2m-841

Post by garypsu67 »

I want to sell my ip2m-841 camera to a friend. If I go into setup and choose System, General, Reset Defaults, will that “remove” me from the camera, and allow him to set it up as new with his own password, etc.?
amcrest168

Re: Selling my ip2m-841

Post by amcrest168 »

yes. also if you have an amcrestview account, you might want to delete the camera you're about to sell from the account.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@garypsu67

As stated before if you have the amcrestview.com account you will want to remove the camera from that and also if you have the Cloud you will want to remove the camera from the Cloud by deleting it out of the cloud.

Then under the Setup for the camera you will want to go to System, Default Settings, then there is 2 options you will want to click the second one that says Factory Default. This will take the camera back to the Startup. When the next user goes to use the camera it is back to admin for user and admin for password. This also deletes out all older users you entered and it will default the camera back to dhcp for connecting to the next router..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
garypsu67

Post by garypsu67 »

Thanks to both of you!