Selling Cameras & Not supporting them??

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Selling Cameras & Not supporting them??

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sorry your not happy and I can tell you that you must not have many other cameras from others... I have loads of brands as I have been buying them for over 30 years and sadly out of all the cameras that I own only company that has ever been willing to help with a Legacy camera is Amcrest.... While they might not offer an FW update to it anymore they are willing to offer help and email support for it if things get out of sorts... WHile sure I can't use GOOGLE AKA GMAIL anymore but you know what when it was sold 2015 it could.... THey can't control the gmail updates.... So I just had to buy my own Email sever so I can get my own emails no big deal... But to sit here and tell Reddit and amazon that Amcrest is bad company because you can't get an update to your camera is JUST sad...

As I am thinking about it lol... At least they are not like another company that sold people cameras with the idea that it would work and now they no longer have the service for the cameras to even work.. you can't even use them anymore because they didn't offer a FW update or something to let the camera work on a stand alone or over something like Blu Iris no they just turned them off and some people spent loads of cash on them...

Then a company I have owned loads of cameras and 2 16ch DVR's they don't even offer HD over BNC anymore last was my TVI that only support 2mp lol... They don't even have any cameras over 4mp it is like a ghost company that when you call asking about a camera I paid just under 1000 for 5 years ago I get the answer we don't sale that camera anymore and don't support it sorry your out of luck.... Yet 5 years ago I got a Camera from Amcrest while it isn't supported by FW anymore I can get Support over Phone or email and even had Higher Tech support help on an issue... Another camera I bought in 2016 paid over 1k for it and still sales for 1200 to 1500 each today I can't get support for it either....
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe