Search without the need for the required admin password

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
bataradena

Search without the need for the required admin password

Post by bataradena »

I'm wondering if there is a way to have two levels of password account access. Like to have available two levels of accounts, an admin account and user account, where I (admin) can make the 'Search Cames" open so a "User Account" would have the ability to access the 'Camera Search Screen' without knowing the admin account password.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Search without the need for the required admin password

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure what Camera or System you are working with but there is on my cameras and DVR's admin and user level accounts
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

ON my setup...

you log into the WebUI on Chrome on the New FW camera or IE under the Older FW camera, Then click Setup, Then System, Then Manage Users. THere it will have Admin and on one of my DVR's it had a USER that can't be Deleted.... however you can add and set up what level of access they get as well from that menu
Be Safe.
bataradena

Post by bataradena »

I have an NVR 4108E-HS, I did find something that's different from your reply. Logging into the NVR as the Admin, starting from the Admin Menu, > Setting, >System, > Account. I did find where it appears the place to setup a User Account. I'm trying to set up a simple limited user account, but I don't see where I can pick just the "camera Search" for the user to have limited access. Also, as I'm writing this email, I'm waiting for the Admin account to timeout. Where is the LOG OUT Icon?

Plus, I don't know what an FW camera is? I'm using the POE (power over ethernet) type of cameras.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

With regard to FW (firmware), there are two types in use at the moment, the major difference being the Web user interface presented by the camera. Older versions worked with Internet Explorer via a plugin but the new versions use javascript and work without a plugin but will no longer work with IE. Chrome is the preferred web browser but Firefox also works as well as some other browsers.

I think the answer to you question will depemd on whether the additional users are logging in to the web interface of your NVR or into the camera/s directly. Are the camera/s connected directly to your NVR or to your router?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure on the settings of your NVR. I would assume they might be somewhat the same as my older DVR with improvements. Longedge answered most of the questions. But thought I would followup with a Gif of my DVR pages for adding users. on the main page you can add the user, then there is a page of what they can view and a page of what they can playback...

Main thing with this idea is because there might be users that would monitor your system but maybe don't have access to all areas of your home IE bedrooms or your business like The Office where the money is counted. So you could setup a user to have access to all cameras but the ones only the Admin users could access. You also have the ability to setup admin user with limited access as well. Again same idea don't want them to see Camera 15 and 16 or play back them channels it would be removed from the ability when they are logged on.

Then looking at the Camera in both Old and New FW you can make admin account and user accounts but seeing it is only 1 camera the options are just 1 camera. They both have same type of setup and menu types.

I took 3 images and made a GIF, I did lower the speed down to as low as I could go so it wouldn't change so fast. But it gives an idea about what it might look like in your NVR.. Still little fast lol..
20191109_130500.gif
20191109_130500.gif (463.13 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Be Safe.
bataradena

Post by bataradena »

I'm having issue with received email alerts. I just leaned about the postings today. Tech support is also looking into why I'm not receiving the alerts. Let me catch up to some of your replies.

longedge
I'm logging directory into the NVR.

Is there a way to manually LOG-OUT with out waiting for the NVR to auto time logout? Very frustrating trying to try different settings?

Revo2Maxx
I'm not currently in front of my NVR right know, but I did setup something close to what you are showing in the GIF sides. When the DVR finally times out, within the Login Menu I don't have a choice for the new User account, just Adim. Not sure if there is some elsewhere in a Menu Setting that allows a choice between Admin or User logins.

Again thanks for your replies, I really appreciate the help!
Byron in Tucson AZ.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I just had a look at the online manual for your NVR and this looks like the answer to your question about logging out:-
logout.jpg
logout.jpg (79.52 KiB) Viewed 916 times
p.s. - Seeing that button called "Shutdown" would make me think twice about clicking it :D
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh ok the Auto Log out I am sorry to say but I don't think it will do what your Expecting it to do....

In that case you may want to have it setup using a Computer and over WebUI. When it logs out it don't at least mine don't drop out to a Sign in menu. However when you try to access anything it will ask you for log in... I have mine turned off because my Password isn't easy to put in on the Web Keyboard lol... Caps # and lower case putting in a 14 character password lol Have to do around 20 or more clicks lol.

SO I had mine off as I said but I wanted to double check... When I set it up for 1 min. IT turned off my 2 IP cameras form view. While it is strange because it used to turn off only the CVI and the IP would stay online Anyway This was from mine after a Min. When I went to log back in it starts with Admin because that was where I was already. When I click the down arrow next to it a list of users would pop up. Pick the user and go.

Be Safe.
bataradena

SOLVED: Search without the need for the required admin password

Post by bataradena »

James wrote:
"Seeing that button called "Shutdown" would make me think twice about clicking it".

Funny, that is exactly what I assumed. Anyway, with your help, I was able to create a new user account that will allow (my) Users' to perform the simple task in viewing camera searches.

BTW, I've been in contract with Amcrest Customer (slow response) Support asking, or more begging them to "get on the ball" in releasing a comprehensive "complete" new user manual. TG people like yourself are here to help the newbies like myself with the simple task of setting up the NVR.

BTY, my research for making my decision to go with Amcrest, with so many other companies to choose from in this market place was due to the fact they are reported to be one of the best. I'm hoping Amcrest is monitoring these postings, which would be so beneficial for them for where to keep their "eye(s) on the ball".

I'm going to make the CALL, this posting is "SOLVED"

I bet; we will be in touch again.

Best wishes to you and your family during the Holiday Season!

Byron, In Tucson AZ!