Removing Lens from Camera

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Removing Lens from Camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So have a camera that I have had open in the past seeing I replace the Gel packs all the time. I have a issue that I really don't want to take the camera apart to fix because while it does look easy to take apart there are some very complex parts to remove cables from that isn't easy to do. To replace Gel pack first time I took the camera fully apart that was in 2017, It is a mistake I don't want to make twice.

So looking at the screen shot of the normal picture you can see some parts that I think are not on the Sensor and only on the Glass. I have cleaned the outside so has to be on the inside. The Camera is from 2014 and sure is only 960h Screen shot is 1080 that is because my Monitor size..

Anyway.. Looking at the front of the camera it looks like there is a Ring that should be able to be removed. Has anyone ever had the need to remove one from the camera that they own. I had a camera back in the mid or late 90's that had same type of front lens cover only thing is it came with a tool to remove it. This camera didn't have such a tool.. I will machine a tool for it. I am sure it is removeable just don't want to build a tool to find out the ring was for looks and not a functional.

Main reason is that there are 4 screws on the front area, this is where the Camera module is housed, the 4 screws in the back removes power supply and PTZ control board. The camera from 90s there was no other way to gain access to the camera in side without the tool to remove the front ring.

To get to the glass from taking camera apart would be a large chore that I am sure the Designer of the camera don't expect anyone to endure.

Picture one not looking to great remember it is a 960h on a 4k DVR, anyway the blur is caused by the weeds and IR it is setup to zoom on motion to my friends area because of some Car Break ins and the camera I had there before only picked up the person didn't get a good view. Had this camera so it is setup to detect motion in his driveway and zoom to 4x as you can see in the second picture. 3rd picture is front of camera showing the ring. Not talking about the Center ring I am talking about the whole area ring. For all I know it could be on the Camera lens it self. That I can access if I was able to remove that front glass. However it is hard to tell. I know for sure there is 1 dust part on the Sensor but for now I can live with that because that is about 4hrs of work that I am not willing to do right now lol.
Screenshot (2560).png
Screenshot (2560).png (678.76 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Screenshot (2561).png
Screenshot (2561).png (695.51 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Screenshot (2562).png
Screenshot (2562).png (95.88 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe