Reflection from the window pane (glass)

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
dalesalisbury

Reflection from the window pane (glass)

Post by dalesalisbury »

The day time quality of my 1080 Camera is outstanding, however, the first night we viewed our night vision image (where we had the camera positioned and would like to keep it right up against the window pane looking down into the front yard and unto the circular drive) the only thing we could see from live view was a reflection of the camera and it’s lights itself reflecting back from the glass in the window. Is there some simple thing we could do aside from raising the window or repositioning the camera at night, like putting a color filter between the camera lens and glass window? I suppose an out door camera is a viable option that I am not opposed to - if my internet WiFi will reach that far. Anyone else experience this.
Thank you in advance!
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Reflection from the window pane (glass)

Post by longedge »

The only way around this (that I know of) is to disable the switch over to night mode which is when the IR lighting comes on. It's that reflecting back off the window that you see. In setup under camera configuration I have both the "Day & Night" and "Night Vision" options set to the "Day" profile. I have IR controlled lighting all around my driveway and when it comes on, the light is sufficient to get a reasonable picture.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Either you should consider turning off the IR LEDs altogether but would need to keep a light on for the camera to any night vision or the other option is considering a third party solution like anti-reflective window stickers.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

"anti-reflective window stickers" - that caught my eye. With double or triple pane glazing units it wouldn't work - would it?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

I have 2 cameras. The newer one pretty much does not work at night. The light reflects off the window. I thought it was because that this is on the darker side of the house.

The older camera faces the street. There is a street light across the street. The night live feed worked just fine.

I updated the firmware of the older camera to the newest version. Now the camera DOES NOT WORK at night. The lights that are projected reflect off the window. The firmware made this less useful! Apparently the problem with my older camera was a firmware and/or setting issue.

How do I set my cameras so that they will work at night? Is there anyway to turn these lights off?
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

Fixed! I pressed the crescent moon icon on my Android phone and all is well again!