Re: How secure are Amcrest cameras?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

We recently bought a Pro HD to use as camera for our nursery. I set up the app on my and my wife's phones and so far everything has worked perfectly. Today though she was putting our son down to sleep and heard the camera moving so she waved at it, assuming that I was watching from my phone at work. However, at the time she put him down I was not using the app. Is it possible that someone else has access to the camera? Or was the sound she heard possibly the camera autofocusing or switching between infrared and the regular camera since it was getting dark (if it even makes a sound while doing that? We are concerned about anyone else accessing the camera and want to make sure this is not a possibility. I assumed someone would need the serial number of the camera and the password we set up when we installed the camera but now I'm not sure. I plan on changing the password when I get home but want to make sure there aren't any other settings I should check.
You will want to double check what time it reboots and also make sure its on full time power source. Out side of that it can make noise going from b/w to color and the other way as well.

The would need the SN and password. So don't know how unless it was used and you have a different user still on camera if was used make sure to factory reset camera set up again
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ljtonyturn

Post by ljtonyturn »

Hey my name is is Johnny I need some help with makein sure no one can access my system remotely and making sure my CCTV system has no internet access via Ethernet cable phone line wireless and how to disable any internet or remote access featuresImage
Attachments
This is my amcrest security camera system
This is my amcrest security camera system
16848053316495716589124622234308.jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 3853 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what you're asking really? I mean if you want to have no access to the internet and still have your DVR connected to the local network the easiest way is to have your router deny the ip that your DVR has access to the internet? Then you can do it from your router as you can see in my picture I denied access to the internet however my local area network was still able to send the IP data from the cameras to the NVR just I wouldn't have access to the NVR from the outside.

If that isn't what you are trying to do then please expand on your post on what you want to do.. Thanks

However if you want to have no access at all local or WAN then only thing you have to do is remove the Ethernet cable from the DVR all your cameras will still record to the recorder you will not have any local access and if your DVR works with IP cameras then it wouldn't have any access to the IP cameras either.

Another thing to do is use a Managed Switch like my HP or my Cisco switches and setup a VPN within your switch. You Choose what ports are on the Private network and lets say you have a 48port and the upper 8 ports are on the VPN, at this time them ports will only have access to one another and if you wanted access you could port in a permission port for local access that wouldn't let anything outside of the IP or Mac you setup.

There are many different things. Just need more info of what you want to do...
Screenshot (4450).png
Screenshot (4450).png (219.01 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe