qcam3 and adding cameras

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
kevin917

qcam3 and adding cameras

Post by kevin917 »

Ok so i got my qcam3 nvr with (qcam 3 cameras) system up and going. Since amcrest doesnt have 3mp dome cameras i bought a hikvision one for my front porch (yes a real one from a security company in my town-not a knock off from amazon). it is compatible with the following protocols

TCP/IP,ICMP,HTTP,HTTPS,FTP,DHCP,DNS,DDNS,RTP,RTSP,RTCP,
PPPoE,NTP,UPnP,SMTP,SNMP,IGMP,802.1X,QoS,IPv6,Bonjour

ONVIF, PSIA, CGI, ISAPI

I think i am missing one minor setting probably related to a port number to get this camera to work. I saw a post that i cant find right now where someone actually hooked this same camera up and got it working. I called amcrest tech support and i think they just gave up because in the middle of team viewer my pc rebooted and we lost the connection for a minute. They said the camera wont work and to buy an amcrest camera and it will be fine. we didnt really do anything to the system but verify the other cameras were working and flip through a few settings screens.

anyone have any advice how to get this up and running?
kevin917

Re: qcam3 and adding cameras

Post by kevin917 »

the nvr can find my camera now, i hooked it into the router and it shows up in the nvr network menu as onvif format but shows invalid password. cant get any further than that but i think im close?
kevin917

Post by kevin917 »

ok, amcrest tech support said camera isn't compatible.....

After plugging into my router (not the back of the NVR) and enabling DHCP on the default ports 80 (onvif port) and 8000 everything works fine. I do have to adjust all settings in the hikvision camera utility by typing the IP address into my browser. I can see the camera in the NVR and on my phone but you just cant adjust settings for the hikvision camera on the phone or nvr in the amcrest softwares
kevin917

Post by kevin917 »

A lot of the problems I had getting the camera to record or change from continuous recording to motion was related to a defect in the firmware I have managed to duplicate 3x after restoring default settings on the camera and nvr. I will never update the original firmware in the future now because I don't want to have to rediscover new issues now that my amcrest system with 3mp hikvision dome camera are working great. It's nice the hik domes record the same resolution just 25 fps. The onboard micro sd card for recording is a great benefit too, wish amcrest would have made 3mp domes for the qcam3 system. Tech support said the camera was not compatible and to get an amcrest camera.