PTZ control power board repair

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

PTZ control power board repair

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am working on a 37x PTZ camera that died in a Lightning storm and while I found the main input regulator was bad a LM2676 -s ADJ and then while I am not sure what one went first also found a 78M05 Capacitor was also bad. So this is a SMD input Cap and because of the lack of Schematics for the device I am not sure what SMD cap I need to replace it with. I mean I have an idea but thought I would ask and maybe there is an EE that is disciplined in Electronics that would have a guess at what it would be?

Most times I would try to find a like size and replace. However them cases I am not working on something that cost over a grand when new so if I burned it up past repair no big issue.

So yeah this camera is old 2012 or 2014 not sure right now. So the Memory Battery was dead so I have replaced that, I have Replaced the LM2676 and now just want to put the last part back to make this repair complete. Seeing it is mine I have time to wait for a idea of the right part.

Again it is the Input side of a 78M05 my guess is that it is a 0.33uF
20220926_233822.jpg
20220926_233822.jpg (933.33 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe