Product barcode or UPC

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
ctrseam

Product barcode or UPC

Post by ctrseam »

Does anyone know where I can find the product barcode or UPC? I have a IP8M-T2599EW, but the only thing I can find is the serial number and MAC address on the label tag. The box for this camera has a D/N (device number?) and P/N on the sticker. The product page for this product, https://amcrest.com/4k-poe-camera-turre ... 599ew.html, has the UPC as 854088008591. I'm really confused. Where can I find the Product barcode or UPC?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Product barcode or UPC

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

To better answer your Question we kind of need to know what it is your trying to do with Such Bar Code?

You talking about the QR Code for setting up the Camera on the Amcrest View Pro app over P2P? (If your connecting this to POE NVR that won't help) or are you trying to find out what the Box should say at the UPC because yours is missing or damaged? for setting up a storage finder to be able to locate what bin UPC xyz was put in for later recovery of box if ever needed?

If your looking for the QR code most times if people didn't remove and put on the cord for some reason it should be on the bottom of the camera, This would have the QR and bar code with Serial number below it if you needed to enter manually.

Outside of all that, Loging into the camera, going to the Cameras INFO page it will have some info there, if your looking to setup an app after you already installed it you can again log into the WebUI, (Going to it's ip address if connected to your network via switch or other power method) then click setup top right area, then click on Network, In there either under TCP/IP or in the bar on the left it should offer something that says P2P click that and you will have a QR code to scan with your Smart Phone..

Sorry out side of that not really sure what your trying to do or what numbers your looking for!?
Be Safe.
ctrseam

Post by ctrseam »

I'm trying to complete the warranty form, but I'm unsure what to input in the field for the Product barcode or UPC.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I asked a friend of mine if he had his box. I remember he had one and he hadn't put the box up yet and sent me a picture of his UPC on the back of his box. His is from 2020 as the little sticker below says

So if there is a number UPC different from what Amcrest says on the Website it might have to do with UPC for their coding at the Warehouse, not related to the real one on the back of the box

I have some messages left out and a few other friends that bought the 2599 as well if they still have boxes I will ask for the UPC from them as well. There might be a V1 and V2 and would have different UPC codes on the box as well. so not sure if that is the case either.. Because of Tracking data in this photo I screen shot it rather then leaving his photo..
Screenshot (1834).png
Screenshot (1834).png (53.97 KiB) Viewed 743 times
Be Safe.
ctrseam

Post by ctrseam »

Oh, so that's the barcode. Yeah, I have the same number as your friend's. Do I just need to fill out 1 form for warranty if I have more than one 2599 cameras?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess if your looking to do something for Warranty then your going to want to use the Cameras SN and then you would have to do one for each of the cameras off the SN on the back of the camera..
Be Safe.
ctrseam

Post by ctrseam »

Apparently my warranty is automatically covered as long as I have my invoice and therefore I don't need to fill up the warranty form. Thanks for your help, Revo2Maxx.