Playback Help Needed

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
bigdawg86

Playback Help Needed

Post by bigdawg86 »

So I finally got my system up and running. I have my motion detection set up, even to email notifications. I cannot seem to figure out one thing in regards to playback. When I have a "motion" event, one would assume, there would be "yellow" or some sort of marker on the playback timeline so that you may go back and easily review what triggered the system.... but I only have the solid green bars present. I went to HD schedule and set (I think) it to show MD and alarms, but nothing shows on my timeline. There are no videos online going over playback or event review, and frankly I dont know where to look or how to set it up.

Your help is appreciated. This is the 4Ch 1080p systems.
bennor

Re: Playback Help Needed

Post by bennor »

You may have to enable Motion Detection capture under the Storage -> Schedule -> Setup option for it to indicate motion detection at the same time as the 24/7 recording on the playback screen. I do know that if you disable the 24/7 recording that the individual motion detection recordings will be listed in the playback section.
bigdawg86

Post by bigdawg86 »

I think I just didn't see it... the yellow blips were so small I didn't see them until I zoomed in on the timeline. Disregard.
bennor

Post by bennor »

Yeah it can be tough to see the motion detection because of the colors used and because of the way the time line is displayed. Zooming in helps.

For the 720p HDCVI system, when viewing through the web interface, there is the option on the Play Back screen at the very bottom to the right of the word "Stop" to select which recordings are shown for playback; All, Regular, MD, Alarm, Card. Unchecking Regular (which should uncheck All at the same time) removes the long green bars indicating the regular recordings leaving the motion detection (and alarm) recordings visible. Makes it easier to find the motion detection recordings that way.