PC-NVR

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
shesmer

PC-NVR

Post by shesmer »

Hi have a beginners question because I was unable to find the information anywhere.

What is PC-NVR and what can I use it for ?

I know that Amcrest sells NVR standalone systems for recording the video, but I did not buy one, just the standard camera. I was under the impression that with PC-NVR I have a software solution for the NVR hardware device and all I need is a pc to run it on.

However when I go into the PC-NVR module of the surveillance pro application I can never get it to work because it says there is no PC-NVR to connect to and states "offline".

If on the other hand this is just to connect to a hardware NVR then I seriously wonder why I additionally need the PC-NVR.

As you guys can see I am confused by this and would greatly appreciate any clarification on that matter

Thanks
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: PC-NVR

Post by Melvin »

Hello shesmer,

The PC NVR option In Amcrest Surveillance Pro allows you to save the recordings to the computer hard drive. This feature is currently not functional in MAC computer. Do you use a Windows or Mac? If you use Windows and it still shows offline status, try uninstalling the software and then reinstall it.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us