password reset

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
dwh500

password reset

Post by dwh500 »

I have lost the password to the login screen the has the "admin" for the user name.
I need to know how to re set this password as I have had to reinstall Amcrest Surveillance Pro on 2 different computers.
Any help is appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: password reset

Post by Revo2Maxx »

admin admin? Or you mean to your cameras? or NVR? or DVR?

if after reinstalling something should be setup by you and or admin admin as default
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dwh500

Post by dwh500 »

[Sorry about taking so long to get back. Not sure if I was clear enough in first post. I have 2 active cameras that were logged in to 2 computers and 3 smart phones plus a couple of tablets. I had to reinstall Windows 10 on both of my computers. I lost all access to startup passwords on those computers. When I try to reset the passwords I am told what ever I put in is wrong.
The smart phones are the only items that I have access to the cameras. All original passwords are not available to me.
Therefore, my need to replace all of the passwords. This brings me back to my question of how do I reset my passwords.
Do I need to re-install the software on the computers or would doing a reset to factory defaults on my cameras be the right thing to do.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you lost all password then only thing you could do is a Factory Reset on the Camera and there are many different ways out there depending on the cameras...

If Switchs it would be Press and hold 5 to 30 seconds until the camera starts the Reset.. Then admin admin would be new Password and user.. If yours don't show a switch, and a bullet or dome camera there might be a hidden access for the bullet and would have to take off the dome for access to the switch however there are some models that don't have a switch at all and some of them will have 2 Copper pads on the Motherboard that would need to be Shorted out with a Paper clip or some other item for the 5 to 30 seconds.. Either the 2 cent switch was to costly or the design of the camera made it so a switch could not fit so one would need to come up with their own way of resetting the camera
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dwh500

Post by dwh500 »

That helps. Thank you. I will try to do a reset and let you all know.
dwh500

Post by dwh500 »

Up date!
The factory reset is the way to go. My cameras have a reset button on the back. FYI: you need to uninstall the software and possibly use a registry cleaner or a 3rd party uninstaller program to make sure all traces of the program are gone. Then reinstall and start from the beginning. Good luck to anyone else that has to go through this process!