Password Complexity Madness

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
TymerTopCat

Password Complexity Madness

Postby TymerTopCat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:46 pm

I am absolutely furious with your company and your decision to enforce increased password security. Today I was basically forced to upgrade firmware on 32 camera NVR, after restarting the NVR I was forced to enter a more complex password. Thanks! Thanks for keeping my device from even me using it. You succeeded in pissing me off.

I used to recommend your cameras a NVRs because they were priced reasonably and functioned well. However, in the last 2 months your company has increased password security without any way of disabling the complexity. I am sick and tired of companies blindly and aimlessly implementing password complexity.

Question: When I buy your camera and hardware who owns it?

I own the camera, not you. I repeat, I own the camera and the NVRs. Not you!
You do not have the right to enforce password complexity upon me.

You need to leave this up to the owner, if I want to use a weak password, I should be able to do so.

I am so disgusted with this I want to return everything I ever bought from your company (around 15 cameras and 1 $600.00 NVR).

There comes a point when you increase password security so much that the device becomes unusable.

STOP DOING THIS!
STOP!
STOP!

I feel like taking everything I purchased from you and driving over it with my 12 ton Tractor and then deliver the smashed pieces to you via next day air service. It would be the best $700.00 I ever spent.

-Russ

Return to “General Security Chat”