NVR Monitor Compatibility

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Lorenc

NVR Monitor Compatibility

Post by Lorenc »

I just joined this forum because after extensive researching I am going from my Arlo wireless to an Amcrest wired system. Tired of charging the batteries especially in cold weather. While speaking to a potential installer, he mentioned that I should make sure some type of rate on the NVR should be compatible with the rate on my monitor/tv that I would be using. I am looking for some clarity on this issue. I am looking forward to my purchase of an Amcrest system. Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR Monitor Compatibility

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So when you talk about Wired are you going with POE NVR or you talking about BNC DVR?

Ratings? I mean there are some data about the NVR Rating when it comes to how many or what can Connect to it and or how many it can Display and playback at 1 time.

Monitor I mean I do have a few different systems and not many offer a 4K output so if that is what your talking about because you want to connect your Recorder to a 4K monitor.. I mean there is or there can be an issue with Output if you connect your system to HDMI and it don't start out in a Low enough range setting like 1024 and it might come up and Say Out Of Range until the system is connected VIA WebUI and changed while connected so it can work on the monitor your using.. Also most times connecting to a D-Sub connection will change setting to connect..

Then like maybe your talking about the Decoding Capacity of the system. So like my system says it will work with 2ch @ 4K at 30fps or 8ch 1080P at 30fps and to be honest it don't make sense to me lol.. My system has 16ch cameras with a Mix of 4k, 4mp, 5mp and 1080p all records without an issue.

I do know that my System says it has 2000Mbps incoming bandwidth or 80Mbps when AI is enabled and I do have AI enabled so my max in right now is only 80Mbps and there is no issue.. If I had many 4k cameras then might be an issue and for now just have the 1..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Lorenc

Re: NVR Monitor Compatibility

Post by Lorenc »

I will be going with PoE NVR. Thanks for the reply..