NVR and camera settings - Who wins?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Rik

NVR and camera settings - Who wins?

Post by Rik »

HI, hope this is an easy one to answer. My new to me system and I think I maybe be doing things backwards. :lol:

I have the NVR4108HS (I think it is) and I run Blue Iris. I set my IP4m-1025e Cameras for light/WDR etc settings directly in the camera's setup.

My question is, If I run the Amcrest NVR Console, Camera settings, or the Amcrest surveillance pro and look at the camera settings, do these two configurations portals read my camera settings and sync or does the NVR remember what is set last and then reset the camera's configuration?

Thank you for any assistance.
Rik
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: NVR and camera settings - Who wins?

Post by Melvin »

Hello Rik ,

The changes you make will apply in the order of the changes made. So if the last change was done by Surveillance Pro it should stay until something else changes it back.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

dpking44

Re: NVR and camera settings - Who wins?

Post by dpking44 »

Hi. I was wondering the same thing regarding IPC changes using camera software (in my case, Foscam) and the 4108 HS console settings. When I make settings using the NVR console, I don't see a corresponding change through the IPC software via Foscam. Is the NVR supposed to win out or do the IP cams essentially have two distinct recording/alarm settings, etc., for the two different software configurations?
Thx.