New system, old cameras, many problems

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Kinchie

New system, old cameras, many problems

Post by Kinchie »

Hello!

I just purchased a NV4108E-HS too replace my failed NV3108E. I have four old cameras (model ip3m952e) from my previous system, and one new camera. The for old cameras are having a very difficult time connecting to the system, while the new camera connects flawlessly.

The old cameras are connected directly to the new unit and are only able to be detected as onvif ipc cameras. When the old cameras do connect, only the top half of the video is displayed while the bottom half is a blurry mess. They only stay connect for one or two seconds, and then go black for several minutes.

Any suggestions?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: New system, old cameras, many problems

Post by Melvin »

Hi Kinchie,

NV3108E is an Qcam model and NV4108E-HS is an amcrest new series NVR the interface is different in these NVR's if you are using IP3M-952E it might be a compatibility issue.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Kinchie

Post by Kinchie »

At this point, that is what I am thinking as well. Amcrest no longer appears to support the QCAM line in any way. I can't seem to find firmware to flash the cameras. It's too bad that their newer models are not backwards compatible with their older cameras.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi Kinchie,

Amcrest new NVR's will support all of the amcrest IP cameras but Qcam IP cameras are different from amcrest IP cameras also the interface and applications are different that is the reason its not compatible with Qcams. You can use any amcrest cameras with amcrest NVR.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us