New owner questions. IPM-723

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Kalvin

New owner questions. IPM-723

Post by Kalvin »

Hi Gentlemen,

Just purchased the IPM-723. I have already gone thru the learning curve of a FOSCAM F1938P.

I was hoping for the same features on the user interface, well a little disappointed. The emailing only one photo at a time is not ideal. I also kinda liked the fact that I could take a snapshot every x many seconds and store it to the SD card and still use the motion detection and video.

but on to my questions...... on the Playback screen of the new interface there is a time line.

The time line can display General (in green), Motion (in yellow) Alarm (in red) and Manual(in blue)

My time line shows a constant red bar. Alarm?

What is the difference between Alarm and Motion?
Maybe a description of each would give me a better understanding.

thankyou, Kalvin
Kalvin

Re: New owner questions. IPM-723

Post by Kalvin »

This is a quote from the manual.
page 53

Below is an explanation of the fields on the
Record Schedule settings tab:

Record Type
: These checkboxes allow the user to select which recording type they want to configure on the
schedule. There are 3 types of recordings:
o
General:
General
recording means that the camera captures all footage for th
e specified time period.
General
recording is represented by the color green.
o
Motion: Motion Detection recording means that the camera captures only footage when the motion
detection alarm
is activated. Motion recording is represented by the color yellow.
o
Alarm: Alarm recording means that the camera captures only footage when an alarm is activated.
Alarm recording is represented by the color red.

Under Alarm it says "when an alarm is activated." What alarm?

Kalvin
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Kalvin,

The camera has a port for connecting an external alarm input and output device eg: door sensor. So recording can be triggered based on that. On the schedule you can disable the alarm part if you do not use it.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for the fast reply. Ok, this makes more sense now.

I'm guessing the model IPM-723 does not have this port for connecting the external alarm input and output. I checked in the manual and do not see this option.

Thank you again. Kalvin