New Owner questions about some settings

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
shaolin95

New Owner questions about some settings

Post by shaolin95 »

So i just got the 1080p indoor camera.
Got it configured after realizing the issues setting up from my phone were because my phone connects to the 5GHZ which the camera does not support. Would be nice to have this mentioned on the app.

Anyways, my needs are simple...

#1 have motion detection easily accessible so I can turn it on when I leave the house and off when I come back.
Right now, maybe I am missing something but it seems to take too many clicks on the mobile app to turn this on and off.

#2 I cant figure out how to always show my camera Live View when I open the phone app. It seems I always have to click + then the Group from favorites or my camera.

#3 I passed the email Send Test yet I cannot get the alerts to come through email (at least I do get the push notification on my phone).

I will have more Qs later..

Thanks!
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: New Owner questions about some settings

Post by Melvin »

Hello shaolin95
#1 To enable and disable motion detection, you will need to open the app and click on the top where it shows three dots and three bars. Go to Device manager > Click on the camera name > Click on the computer icon. Form here you can enable/disable 'Video Detect'.
#2 Currently there is no option for this. We have this feature in line for future updates of the app.
#3 Since the email test works and still you are not getting the emails with snaps I would suggest you take a look at the below thread. Just ensure that you are not missing out on any of the settings mentioned there.

https://amcrest.com/forum/post1784.html ... tect#p1784
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

I will check that link, thanks.
Are you planning to add a quick icon option to enable disable motion detect? I would think this is a MUST have option to make accessible. Way too many steps to do it right now.
Thanks!
shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Also, I will suggest creating a widget toggle for motion detection on Android. That will make it so easy!
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello shaolin95,

Thank you for your feedback. We will certainly let our developers know of this so that it can be implemented in future software updates.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us