New ip camera with nightcolor IP4M-1046EW-AI

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
amcrest168

New ip camera with nightcolor IP4M-1046EW-AI

Post by amcrest168 »

it appears there is a new ip camera with nightcolor and ai.

IP4M-1046EW-AI
link to amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-NightCol ... 08CVTM9JL/
IP4M-1046EW-AI.jpg
IP4M-1046EW-AI.jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Thoughts4You

Re: New ip camera with nightcolor IP4M-1046EW-AI

Post by Thoughts4You »

This looks very interesting.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Human detection with ID and so on one needs to know that you will need a AI NVR for it to work... So it isn't just 200 for the camera if you don't have a AI NVR already then you may want to keep in mind if that feature you want you will need more hardware
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i wonder if the ai ip camera is not paired with an ai nvr, perhaps the only missing feature with the setup is the ai detection portion. basically a regular nvr would simply record just like a regular motion detection. the alerts on the smart home app itself would be less frequent because of the ai smart motion detection.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I am going to guess that most of the AI part will be ok.. looking over things some more it looks like all options besides maybe the Face Detection with ID and Store and of that would need the AI NVR.. Trip wire and all other options would or could work out side that over the camera and could give alerts as such like my older AI camera from Dahua from 2012 only 1 option needs PSS for it to work and don't use for that anyway... Even heatmap works..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are some NEW AI NVRs out right now as well. first one I remember was from the Thermal system the 5xxx system however now they have 4208E-AI and 4216-AI to name a few that can go with this camera... Would be nice to know peoples thoughts on the camera alone and the Camera with NVR for the Feature Rich recordings...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

amcrest168 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:21 am i wonder if the ai ip camera is not paired with an ai nvr, perhaps the only missing feature with the setup is the ai detection portion. basically a regular nvr would simply record just like a regular motion detection. the alerts on the smart home app itself would be less frequent because of the ai smart motion detection.
Since you mention the Smart Home app, I guess you want to be able to have alerts for your AD110 be based on IVS rules tripwire and intrusion.
Based on my reading of available docs, the IP4M-1046E-AI would have nothing to do with that. You would need an Amcrest AI NVR producing the IVS events/alerts.
I found this Amcrest webpage section to be the best source of information at this time. There are many linked topics there.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -an-AI-NVR
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... es-AI-NVR-
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes that last one says only 2 items open in the NVR at that time.. I am thinking that is before release of this camera because the camera says for Detect ID and Store of Face REC would need to be on a AI NVR... So there is more data I am sure to come...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:35 pm Yes that last one says only 2 items open in the NVR at that time.. I am thinking that is before release of this camera because the camera says for Detect ID and Store of Face REC would need to be on a AI NVR... So there is more data I am sure to come...
I don't understand why you apparently think the following Amcrest statement from the link is not currently correct.
"IVS rules on the NVR are controlled either by camera or by the NVR. The NVR currently has 2 built-in IVS features available (Tripwire and Intrusion) whereas some Amcrest AI cameras may have additional IVS features." 
And I dont understand why your statement below has anything to do with it.
"the camera says for Detect ID and Store of Face REC would need to be on a AI NVR."
(I guess "the camera" means IP4M-1046E-AI.)
Please explain.