New ip camera with nightcolor IP4M-1046EW-AI

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New ip camera with nightcolor IP4M-1046EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jack7 Maybe this image will clear things up
Screenshot (2520).png
Screenshot (2520).png (370.11 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
This is from the first picture I seen so I didn't have all the info Then in the NVR it says but has 4 images only says 2 of them are active yet the camera says needs the NVR so I made the statement as it is... I am human it is maybe a Question more then aa Statement but here is the first picture about ID and Detect...
Screenshot (2521).png
Screenshot (2521).png (181.45 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So more info...

IVS that it says even showing 4 icons and that the 2 are able that is built into the NVR for Cameras without the IVS built in... So that means you can setup Tripwire on a camera you currently own without Tripwire in the Camera... As I said more info to come... So that is why there are just the 2 that is something you can setup on any camera connected to the NVR that feature don't have to be in the Camera like one of my cameras and was why I was confused.. Also because the info is new and after showing some people with more Education then I said it was confusing until more reading was done about the NVR offering some features at the NVR level that can work with current Cameras with out the features...

Sorry as I said I am Human make mistakes and learn as I go... Thanks and Glad that is cleared up... Peace

Edit: Good thing about that feature is for people that want Tripwire and don't have it already in one or few cameras already or have it in costly camera that has features you would like to use besides just Tripwire you can use a Cheap camera for the feature rather then a 200 camera that could have better use for features it has in it... Like for Sake of understanding.. I have a Costly PTZ Dome that has Tripwire, also has Motion Tracking however i can't have the use of both at the same time where this will let me use a lower end camera without either feature to work so my Motion Tracking feature isn't useless feature... However I have a good few Trip Wire Cameras already... Some dating back to 2010 or before..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

A few more IP4M-1046E-AI observations:

The large 1/1.8" 4MP sensor should provide very good low light capability. It does elsewhere.

The tech specs say 20m IR distance. That sounds low for a camera like this. It may be wrong.

The firmware apparently has Java web UI for modern browsers AND plug-in UI for IE. Quote from Camera User Manual:
"The camera features the latest in JS technology which allows you to access your camera via a wide variety of web browsers including, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and other mainstream web browser via your PC or Mac computer. For the most optimal experience with your AI features it is highly recommended to use Internet Explorer since it is the most compatible."
The manual also shows all the AI settings in plugin Web UI, at least as of the publication date.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going for the 20m... At almost 65 and 1/2feet on a camera that is Full Color night time.. I am not sure who is going to want to run this in B/W with IR.. However I find odd that it talks about IE and Chrome but only time will tell.. I am thinking if it was updated for JS FW then IE is a thing of its past...

Will be interesting to see a Config back up of this camera... Wonder how far off my 2015 DH 12mp camera this is.. As it has AI and Face Detect...
Screenshot (2522).png
Screenshot (2522).png (50.32 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
Be Safe.