New Firmware Update for IP2M-841 today?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
tonester

Re: New Firmware Update for IP2M-841 today?

Post by tonester »

Any fix for the issue of no longer being able to access previously-recorded DAV format files via the Amcrest web tool?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello tonester ,

Unfortunately the only option for the old dav files is to save them to a computer by having the SD card directly connected to the computer.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Johnx

Post by Johnx »

The new firmware update seems to have caused problems at night for me. Ghosting and blurring with movement. It also added a checkerboard pattern when using HLC...

Mark

Post by Mark »

Melvin wrote:Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback and I will bring these issues to the attention of our R&D team. Those who are experiencing issues after the update, please try hard resetting the camera and this should fix most of the issues you are facing. We know this is not the best solution but it is surely working on our test devices without any issue.

Are you saying that the hard reset will fix the MOTION DETECT / CONTINUOUS RECORD issue ??? I don't want to futz around with hard reset if it isn't going to fix that issue with the new firmware !!
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Mark,

The hard reset can be tried as a fix for some issues that might comes up after firmware update. I am not sure about this specific issue and it seems to be related to the ability to save the detection area, schedule and sensitivity.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Mark

Post by Mark »

Melvin wrote:Hello Mark,

The hard reset can be tried as a fix for some issues that might comes up after firmware update. I am not sure about this specific issue and it seems to be related to the ability to save the detection area, schedule and sensitivity.

Thank you for the reply. I tried a hard reset this morning and it did not fix the motion detect issues...
Mark

Post by Mark »

Any ETA on updated FIRMWARE ??
amcresthell

Post by amcresthell »

Hard reset on the back fixed problems saving settings for me. Give it a try.
FinickyBob

Post by FinickyBob »

Why on earth did they not inform us BEFOREHAND that our cameras needed to be hard reset before the changes to the firmware would take effect (as Melvin claimed it to be). If this had been included in the change log or given as a heads up on this board, none of this mess would have happened, don't you think? Duh.
bigtree

Post by bigtree »

I have 4 cameras that I updated and all of them are doing this after the recent update.
I have 2 cameras that I haven't updated and they are working fine on android app pro. I'm not going to update them. I've noticed when using pan and tilt you can actually here normal for a few seconds. As soon as you stop using pan and tilt the audio goes weird again. What to do? Will there be a fix? Please help!