new camera wont connect to network??

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
hillcounty76

new camera wont connect to network??

Post by hillcounty76 »

Bought a IP4M-S2112EW and i cannot find it on my network and tried cloud app also and says it cannot be found. What am i doing wrong? I downloaded the Config tool and when i search for it nothing comes up. i know it is powered up by network POE cause it turns on and does inital spin
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: new camera wont connect to network??

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum..

I would try a different Ethernet cable. However in the unlikely chance that your camera was connected to a CCA cable it might be already to late and camera would need to be exchanged for new one or if not bought new from Amcrest or an Auth dealer then would need to get the camera repaired. It is very important to use Copper cables when using POE cameras even the budget friendly PTZ cameras as well.. IF using known good cables that are Copper then I would test the camera location with a power supply plugged into the camera and see if it works that way. However before all that testing I would try a different port on the switch or NVR just to make sure the one you are connected to isn't the issue..

One last thing if it was something on my network anyway. I would double check the port the camera is connected to if your POE+ switch is managed and make sure the port is turned on and isn't setup for a Vlan that isn't connected to your normal network.

If the camera was setup like the older models from Amcrest the camera will do the dance while connected to POE even without the camera it self inside the housing being in working order.. *Meaning I can remove the camera module from the face and plug into POE port and the camera housing does the dance"..
Be Safe.