Motion Trigger Notification

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
esc

Post by esc »

It there any way to easily see in real time if motion detection has been triggered for a channel? This would make it much easier to config detection if I could see in real time the results of resetting region, sensitivity or threshhold.
steamer

Re: Motion Trigger Notification

Post by steamer »

The phone/push notifications are close to real time.
garyfe

Post by garyfe »

I am using the Amcrest web view with a IP2M-841 camera. To see real-time motion detection, log in to your camera and go to Setup, Video Detection, Detection Area. This popup will display the camera's current view, overlaid with your detection grid. There is also a gray rectangle to the right.
When the camera detects motion, you'll see the relevant grid square momentarily highlighted. If someone walks through the room, for example, you will see highlighted squares tracking them across the room. If you look at the gray rectangle you will see a black horizontal line going through it. This rectangle emulates a strip graph with the black line being the threshold level. As motion is detected, you will see small vertical spikes on the graph. If they are green, that means motion was detected, but not to the level of the threshold. If they are red, it means the threshold was exceeded and you should get a motion detected alert. Play with the sensitivity and threshold to get the kind of detection you want. I find that night-vision detection is not nearly as sensitive as full color detection, so I do this setup at night when the room is dark. Also, if you are using another person to create the motion, have them walk really slow a few times to make sure the sensitivity is where you want it.
FredPM

Post by FredPM »

What about the stray BUG that floats past the camera at nite? Is there any sensitivity setting for eliminating the camera from recording due to the bug?
FredPM

Post by FredPM »

NOTE: I am using an IPM 723 camera, so I will re-submit my question: What about the stray BUG that floats past the camera at nite? Is there any sensitivity setting for eliminating the camera from recording due to the bug?
Techie007

Post by Techie007 »

FredPM wrote:What about the stray BUG that floats past the camera at nite? Is there any sensitivity setting for eliminating the camera from recording due to the bug?
Unfortunately, no. Yes, you can drop the sensitivity, but then it won't trigger on objects you do want to detect. The motion detection algorithm on these cameras is simply terrible, and there's not much that can be done about it unless Amcrest releases a firmware update with better code in it. Personally, I'd love to see them use the H.264 motion vectors for motion detection. However, it is unlikely that any such changes will be made. Your best bet is probably to use an external light (to move the reflecting light source away from the camera) and/or software like Blue Iris to do motion detection.
Chucklama

Post by Chucklama »

How do you set the motion detection parameters to eliminate detection for shadows on windy days when the trees are blowing. I'm new to this and am going crazy trying to figure out the correct sensitivity and threshold settings.
Gary

Post by Gary »

I have managed to set my motion detection so it works most of the time but it still sends me false notifications. Is there anyway to fine tune it so its more accurate or should I give up and just settle.
John94si

Post by John94si »

I have been playing with these for hours and hours. I still get tons of false alerts. My main issue is why does it have a min 5sec delay on the attachment snapshot? Most of my snapshots are blank