Motion detection alerts don't work

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
cuisinartoh

Motion detection alerts don't work

Post by cuisinartoh »

I purchased four IP4M-1026E cameras and an NV4018-HS NVR. I am trying to stay positive, but it hasn't been a good experience. I have everything configured and recoding to the NVR. I have 24x7 general recording setup, which works, and remote access, which works. I have email setup and that works, and to be sure I enabled the hourly health report email. Those come in every hour.

I am trying to use the motion detection and email alerting with snapshot feature of the NVR but I can't get it to work. I have the motion detection areas set up, and following another post I saw on this forum I set the area I want to trigger motion detection in red, and set the sensitivity and threshold for that zone, and then set the area I do not want to trigger in yellow and set that area to 0 sensitivity and 100 threshold. For now, I have MD recording 24x7 and I can see the motion detection events on the playback timeline. They show up as yellow stripes when I go outside and walk around. But no emails ever get sent. As I stated above, I can send test emails and they work, and I can receive the hourly healthcheck emails. But no MD events are ever sent.

Does anyone have any advice for how I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance.
bitslizer

Re: Motion detection alerts don't work

Post by bitslizer »

Mine MD work fine with a different camera and sending email alert (just can't get MD to work with the foscam C1 which I also have). in the Event tab where you configure the MD, did you check the send email box also? it can be easy to overlook that.
cuisinartoh

Post by cuisinartoh »

Yes, that is checked. Are you sending alerts from the camera or an Amcrest NVR? I am trying to via the NVR, thinking I have one place to configure the cameras. I've come to the conclusion that Amcrest software is horrible. The cameras seem to work well for getting video out, but I'll never buy another Amcrest NVR.
mikedj

Post by mikedj »

I'm new to Amcrest, having recently purchased a similar system to yours. I've struggled with some things as well, but have mine working pretty well, so hopefully I can help, at least a little.

I have found that using the web interface to the NVR (via the NVR IP address in Internet Explorer) is much easier than using the direct interface (mouse and monitor). I am also using IE instead of Firefox since I had some issue with Firefox (I haven't tried Chrome or Safari).

I just confirmed that MD email notifications do work on my system. I have it set up, and you might try, one motion detection region for the entire image, Sensitivity 60 and Threshold 5. All other regions cleared. All detection settings on the "Motion Detect" tab are unchecked, except "Enable", "Snapshot", and "Send Email". That will take out the variables of multiple regions and sensitivity for this test.

Is yours set up similarly?

Mike
Amcrest-NVR-Motion-Settings.jpg
Amcrest-NVR-Motion-Settings.jpg (60.52 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
Topperdog

Post by Topperdog »

Web GUI motion select grid is 18x18 and iPhone grid is 32x32. It is a complete mess and causes issues. Not sure which one to believe.