Losing connection to one camera only

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Gatman

Losing connection to one camera only

Post by Gatman »

Hi everyone,

I have a 4-camera 1080 system (AMDV10804-4B) with one camera that's been giving me fits. I purchased and installed it late summer last year and everything worked fine. I have one camera set to record constantly (front door), and the others set to record when motion is detected. I also set it up to send me an email if there is a video loss event on any camera.

Now that the weather has started to warm up I am getting inundated with email notices about video loss on the one camera that records constantly. The loss typically ranges from 100th of a second to a couple minutes. I wanted to have the notification so that I'd know if a camera was out, but yesterday it was in the 50's and I got 84 emails (42 losses and 42 clears). Some days there are over 100. It seems the warmer it gets the more frequent the losses. If it's in the 40's I'll get about 20-30 emails).

This camera is not in the sun (it's on the north side of the house), but it does have the longest cable run (125ft). Because of the length of the run I ended up buying a high-quality 25ft extension and adding it to the 100ft supplied cable. I ran the set up for two weeks before hiding the cable under my siding to ensure everything was ok, and it has run fine since last August when I installed it. The problems started the last month or so when the weather got warmer. All outside connections at the cameras were covered with weather-resistant electrical tape to keep out the elements. Only this one camera is exhibiting this behavior, and I'm at a loss as to what to check. I had thought about swapping two of the cameras to see what happens, but thought I'd post here first to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary