Login password

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Billy01

Login password

Post by Billy01 »

Hi sorry I don't know much about ccvt dvr I've had mine for years but disconnected as I did not need to use it at the time ,but now I've set it up I've read the manual and it don't mean much .. I've got alote of questions I need to ask but first question is login out .. I've forgot the password and sure I read on the manual take a picture of the mac as I do it so I can contact them ... does this make sense to u knowledgeable people as these things stress me out
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Login password

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

So I am not sure what Device you own and are trying to reset the password on. I know that most if not all the DVR's I have owned from Amcrest have a working Reset button inside the unit and might be the fastest way to reset your DVR back to factory.. However if your unit don't have such a button then contacting Amcrest Support using a Ticket will get you in the right area. However with today being Friday this means you will not have access to a reply until after Monday sometime.

So for now I would turn it on, make sure that your cameras are connected and running. Don't have to have access to the GUI or WebUI for the system to record if you had it setup before to record. It should pick up where you had it setup to..

In the mean time, Yes it is kind of needed to know that your in a Physical location of a device before Support is going to give you some type of Reset Code. This is something that was done with older machines that you could provide the machines current time and date and they could give you a code that might unlock your device.

Then at some point that was no longer used because people were able to gain access to devices they shouldn't have had access.. So then it started having a QR Code that you could get from the log in screen. Then using this code you could talk to tech support and with that code they could give you a code back. Now with the new machines there are the ability to have a email in your machine, this along with a code that you would scan and send to a Computer, it will though the computer reply with a code that will let you unlock the device.

Something to keep in mind. Your GUI, and WebUI if you have the later type will have 2 different access codes made. So if you happen to get the code using the GUI and try to enter it into the WebUI part of recovery it will fail. So keep that in mind if your system uses the QR Code method. Use GUI or WebUI to complete the reset. Meaning if you used GUI for Scan to get code and email in. Use the GUI to complete the reset of the unit.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Login password

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also if you post the Devices date and time I will DM you something that might be able to unlock and give you the ability to change the password. Just note that the codes I can give would only work for 24hours and might even be less then that as it is Old Tech and not sure anymore.
Be Safe.