Issue uploading Amcrest Surveillance Pro

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
lil372590

Issue uploading Amcrest Surveillance Pro

Post by lil372590 »

When I try to upload Amcrest Surveillance Pro I am unable to due to the full screen not showing. Please look at attachment for details. I am using windows 10

When the window loads to download the program it doesn't have the next option or any options just a screen

I tried restarting my system, and shutting it down and starting it back up but everytime its the same issue
amcrest.jpg
amcrest.jpg (76.55 KiB) Viewed 915 times
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Issue uploading Amcrest Surveillance Pro

Post by longedge »

That looks like a screenshot of the installer screen, not the download. When you click on the download link, are you choosing the option to save the installation exe file rather than running it directly from the download link? I chose the save option and the download proceeded normally. After the download ended I went to my downloads folder and ran the installer without any problems at all.

p.s. - I always choose to save downloads because I check them with my AV and Malwarebytes first before running them.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

Please try the below workaround for this issue.

Open the exe file, press enter, press tab 5 times then press left arrow, press enter, press enter and that should install it.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Ralph68

Post by Ralph68 »

Melvin wrote:Hello all,

Please try the below workaround for this issue.

Open the exe file, press enter, press tab 5 times then press left arrow, press enter, press enter and that should install it.
Hello,

I am having the same problem with the install screen, this solution did not work for me. I hope there is a fix for this problem.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I wonder if there's a common denominator, are you using unusual Windows dislay settings, perhaps an extreme level of scaling. Lots of (poorly written you could argue) apps don't respond well odd mixtures of resolution and scaling.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03