Issue uploading Amcrest Surveillance Pro

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
lil372590

Issue uploading Amcrest Surveillance Pro

Postby lil372590 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 am

When I try to upload Amcrest Surveillance Pro I am unable to due to the full screen not showing. Please look at attachment for details. I am using windows 10

When the window loads to download the program it doesn't have the next option or any options just a screen

I tried restarting my system, and shutting it down and starting it back up but everytime its the same issue
amcrest.jpg
amcrest.jpg (76.55 KiB) Viewed 587 times

longedge

Re: Issue uploading Amcrest Surveillance Pro

Postby longedge » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am

That looks like a screenshot of the installer screen, not the download. When you click on the download link, are you choosing the option to save the installation exe file rather than running it directly from the download link? I chose the save option and the download proceeded normally. After the download ended I went to my downloads folder and ran the installer without any problems at all.

p.s. - I always choose to save downloads because I check them with my AV and Malwarebytes first before running them.
Using IP2M-841B (firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R).

Melvin
Site Admin

Postby Melvin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:28 am

Hello all,

Please try the below workaround for this issue.

Open the exe file, press enter, press tab 5 times then press left arrow, press enter, press enter and that should install it.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Ralph68

Postby Ralph68 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:30 am

Melvin wrote:Hello all,

Open the exe file, press enter, press tab 5 times then press left arrow, press enter, press enter and that should install it.

Hello,

I am having the same problem with the install screen, this solution did not work for me. I hope there is a fix for this problem.

longedge

Postby longedge » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I wonder if there's a common denominator, are you using unusual Windows dislay settings, perhaps an extreme level of scaling. Lots of (poorly written you could argue) apps don't respond well odd mixtures of resolution and scaling.
Using IP2M-841B (firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R).

arso96

Postby arso96 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:19 pm

While it's upsetting the horrible truth is that many webcams are accessible without name and password. This has been kicked around for years now.

So if folk don't secure their cameras there's little to add here.

However I am encountering folk that think it's the product maker/seller's responsibility to lock it down. And that is debatable.

DigitalOceanSiteGroundiPage
Last edited by arso96 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sofiabovinoclaudia

Postby sofiabovinoclaudia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:34 am

Ralph68 wrote:
Melvin wrote:Hello all,

http://www.hardmenstore.com/extenze-review/

Hello,

I am having the same problem with the install screen, this solution did not work for me. I hope there is a fix for this problem.

It was the best time to making it seriously :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General Security Chat”