IP3M-943 mount is terrible

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
kenkadish

IP3M-943 mount is terrible

Post by kenkadish »

Brand new IP3M-943 user, and while the camera is fine, the design of the mounting system is a disaster. Hard to believe that it could have been designed to provide only 90 degrees of movement, and only in one direction. No ability to move in more than one direction e.g. point the camera straight with the slot facing right, and you have to realign the mount in order to tilt the camera left, up, or down. Should be on a swivel ball like a ram mount. Imagine mounting this outside on a corner of a garage...it can be oriented to tilt down, but not right or left. Mount it so it can be moved down, and there is no ability to move it left or right. Looking for a mounting plate with a swivel, but am not having any luck.
deadeye916

Re: IP3M-943 mount is terrible

Post by deadeye916 »

I agree 100%. Poor design by Amcrest on this mount.
Eagle85

Post by Eagle85 »

I recently installed an IP3M-943 and also had to battle with that very poorly designed mount in order to properly orient the camera.
nukezero

Post by nukezero »

You guys got it wrong, like I did. You need to loosen the screw at the stem... that silver screw allows you to rotate the entire base. I didn't know about this until I watched a video on youtube a year later! LOL. I always thought that you had to pick the orientation first before you drill onto the wall, but that is not the case. You can pick any orientation to mount on the wall, then loosen the philips screw to rotate as you please.

I own eight IP3M-943s, four IP4M-1025E, one IP4M-1026E, and two IP2M-841. I know what I'm talkin' about. The 1026 bullet has one of the best mounts with 3-axis of rotation (3 adustment screws).
evillord

Post by evillord »

Nuzezero,

Thank you for the tip, I bought 6 of thse cameras and installed 2 so far with the same frustration as those above.. i do really like the cameras so far!
seraniz

Post by seraniz »

kenkadish wrote:Brand new IP3M-943 user, and while the camera is fine, the design of the mounting system is a disaster. Hard to believe that it could have been designed to provide only 90 degrees of movement, and only in one direction. No ability to move in more than one direction e.g. point the camera straight with the slot facing right, and you have to realign the mount in order to tilt the camera left, up, or down. Should be on a swivel ball like a ram mount. Imagine mounting this outside on a corner of a garage...it can be oriented to tilt down, but not right or left. Mount it so it can be moved down, and there is no ability to move it left or right. Looking for a mounting plate with a swivel, but am not having any luck.
I recently installed an IP3M-943 and also had to battle with that very poorly designed mount in order to properly orient the camera.
Traveling Guy

Post by Traveling Guy »

While you can rotate the camera by loosening the screw, there is another problem. if you want to install it at 90º to the wall there is clearance for the antenna in only one direction. Standing in front of the camera, if you turn the mount to the 3 o'clock position the antenna is in the way, so the swivel cannot be turned a full 90º, maybe 80º tops. I had to mount mine upside down as it you turn it to the left the camera and the mounting flange will be parallel.

Am I missing something here????