ip2m-841b direct to PC???

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
maxbale

ip2m-841b direct to PC???

Post by maxbale »

Hello!
I use this PTZ cam with a mobile PC and don't usually have connection to a router/internet when on the road. I have 2 1GB ethernet ports on my PC. Port 1 is usually connected to the internet when the system is not mobile, and I would like to "Hard Wire" configure this IP camera to port 2.

How do I go about making the camera and PC think this port is a router connection to direct connect to the PC?

I am really not looking to add a router or port switch to my mobile configuration.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Techie007

Re: ip2m-841b direct to PC???

Post by Techie007 »

Yes, this is possible. Connect your IP cam to a router, log in to its web interface, go to Setup -> Network -> TCP/IP. Set its Wired IP address to something unique, like 10.90.0.1. Subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0. The other numbers don't matter in this usage scenario. Save your settings.
Now, on your PC, right-click your networking tray icon and open Network and Sharing Center. Click Change adapter settings. Right-click the network adapter you wish to use with the camera, and click Properties. Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Set IP address to 10.90.0.2 and Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and click [OK].
Connect your camera to your PC. To access the camera, open Internet Explorer and type http://10.90.0.1/ into the address bar.
thanhan

Re: ip2m-841b direct to PC???

Post by thanhan »

Thank you !