IP 6 showing up even though they are not in use?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

IP 6 showing up even though they are not in use?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So not sure if this is something that is just part of the 2 devices or if they are really in use and hidden. I have IPv6 turned off in my Router Disabled, I have had it that way forever and I don't have much if any issues with my Network.

However once I moved back to Amcrest IP Config Tool I notice that IPv6 data is showing in my search. Also if i snoop my data while it is not active in my Router for Internet access it looks like there is some type of IPv6 Traffic from some devices. I am not sure if that is some type of work around for pass through between devices for the ones that I have turned off and they can work outside my network anyway.

Anyone else have IPv6 coming up in their search that don't use on the network?
Screenshot (2960).png
Screenshot (2960).png (100.15 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
vdashjian

Re: IP 6 showing up even though they are not in use?

Post by vdashjian »

yes I have been struggling trying to figure out why only 2/12 cameras show up this way when 1 of them has multiple models that do not.

does anybody know how to telnet /ssh into these and what commands can be executed?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-20 210731.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-20 210731.jpg (181.34 KiB) Viewed 133 times