Illegal Logins from all over the world... Any suggestions?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
haw1144

Illegal Logins from all over the world... Any suggestions?

Post by haw1144 »

I usually get an illegal login once in awhile from places all over the world.

I would block that IP range and it would be gone for a few weeks, then it will happen again. Not to big a deal.

However, this week, I've been BOMBARDED with illegal logins from just every random IP address from all over. I block that IP range and another one from a completely different area shows up.

Is there a way to to disable remote logins..but still have my Amcrest App still work when I'm out and about (mobile data or random wifi's)?
James.S

Re: Illegal Logins from all over the world... Any suggestions?

Post by James.S »

haw1144 wrote:I usually get an illegal login once in awhile from places all over the world.

I would block that IP range and it would be gone for a few weeks, then it will happen again. Not to big a deal.

However, this week, I've been BOMBARDED with illegal logins from just every random IP address from all over. I block that IP range and another one from a completely different area shows up.

Is there a way to to disable remote logins..but still have my Amcrest App still work when I'm out and about (mobile data or random wifi's)?

Please reach out to use directly ([email protected]) so we can work with you further. i am unsure why you are being bombarded it would be best if we could investigate it properly.
dynostatic

Re: Illegal Logins from all over the world... Any suggestions?

Post by dynostatic »

You should really set up a VPN through your router if it's supported. Exposing ports to your home network services manually or through UPNP is the way of the past. You then connect to that from outside through a VPN app on your device and can access anything on your home network.