Identification of device pointed at our house

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Twinrocker

Identification of device pointed at our house

Post by Twinrocker »

Hello, looking for help identifying a device my neighbor has pointed at our house. Any suggestions on where to look would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Attachments
8DDA375C-0515-4966-B1C5-BFDC7CA14FAA.jpeg
8DDA375C-0515-4966-B1C5-BFDC7CA14FAA.jpeg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 695 times
F816B708-6628-4628-8490-3B1A07B8ACB5.jpeg
F816B708-6628-4628-8490-3B1A07B8ACB5.jpeg (292.22 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Identification of device pointed at our house

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Well it is really hard to say, I personally have not seen anyone make such a strange looking device that clearly looks like it has BNC RG59 type cabling coming from side of house.

This being your first Post is there something I am missing that points this device to be some type of Amcrest Device?

I mean someone could have taken a camera that was designed to be indoors and made a outdoor housing from ABS or some other plastics. Or it might be some type of Boom mic?

Or maybe it is just someone that took a Antenna for local TV and made a way to get better reception... Outside of all that it is really hard to know what something is without more about the person. Maybe knowing the type of business he is in or his Hobbies might shed light of what something so simple looking could be. You say it is pointing at your house however you show a Side and Back picture of the device is this area of the house on the corner of the block?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Twinrocker

Post by Twinrocker »

no idea what brand it is. Had no idea who to ask about it. Just thought I’d try here. Have no idea who and what this forum is about. Just a shot in the dark.
Device is sitting on their roof pointed across the street at us. This neighbor has been aggressive and vindictive I have. Adult son who lives with his mother. I truly appreciate your response. Thank you. We’ve called the police to no avail. Again, thanks.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Twinrocker wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:18 pm Have no idea who and what this forum is about. Just a shot in the dark.
:o

LOL! Looks like the Alien space rock Oumuamua landed a drop ship and not anything resembling a camera that would have led you here.

Why don't you try this Reddit forum specifically for this kind of WTF is that thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/