How to tell if an IP2M-852 is powered on?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
[email protected]

How to tell if an IP2M-852 is powered on?

Post by [email protected] »

I’ve purchased 4 of these and one dome. 2 of the bullets have worked for weeks then seemingly died. I can’t connect to them from the app and I can’t tell if the cameras are even powered up. Is there a light or anything to tell if the camera is even on?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: How to tell if an IP2M-852 is powered on?

Post by Melvin »

Hello [email protected],

You can cover the camera lense area including the IR sensor with your hands and hold it for 30 seconds. If the camera is receiving power, you will hear a click and IR led will glow red.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

RichE85

Post by RichE85 »

Hi
I'm in the same situation. I bought 4 of the IP2M-852E, and 2 of them just died after 3 months. When do a port scan on the failed units I get only that port 3800 pwgpsi is open. All others are closed. Is there anyway to recover the camera from this state?
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

I know that this is a very old thread but, if anyone searches for this camera model, I wanted to say that of the two I received neither seemed to power up, or were discoverable by IP Config.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

Hi CosmikDebris, please fill out the support form at this link so that the support team can take a closer look at your case:

amcrest.com/amcrestsupport

Thank you.