How to set to record on motion only??

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
jefferyj98

How to set to record on motion only??

Post by jefferyj98 »

I haven't been able to figure out how to set the DVR to record on motion only. I have gone through settings on camera and set to MD and then on the encode settings I've set the threshold and sensitivity on each channel. But in playback I am getting a continuous record. I check only the motion button on playback and there is nothing listed.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. or perhaps I should wait until I receive my third DVR since the first two have had issues and I have yet to have a fully functioning DVR.. But am asking anyway so I know how to setup the next one I receive if it works correctly..
Thanks.
mollylily

Re: How to set to record on motion only??

Post by mollylily »

Any luck figuring this out?
linflas

Re: How to set to record on motion only??

Post by linflas »

Which system?

If it is one of the HDCVI systems, then you have to set a schedule. Go to Storage---Schedule--Record tab
There, use the drop down to select ALL cameras (if you want all to work this way, or just the ones you want individually)
Then click the ALL tick in the left for the days of the week, while regular (green) is ticked left click and sweep mouse from right to left on green line, and remove it, then APPLY and SAVE
Then tick the yellow MD box, click the ALL cameras again, and ALL days, Then draw a yellow line from left to right in the times you want this to happen, whole line for 24/7, APPLY, and SAVE

Should do the trick, and only record on motion detect, make sure in the Event--Detect tab you have a reasonable duration of time set for it to record, mine run 24/7 so I only use motion as trigger to help me review during playback, so not sure what a good length of time would be, should record no matter what if motion is being detected continuously
Amcrest 1080P HDCVI 8CH 4TB DVR Security Camera System w/ 8 x 2.1MP Bullet Cameras
^^^^
That is the system I own