How to download and view recording on a PC?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
machinewars

How to download and view recording on a PC?

Post by machinewars »

I just got a 4 channel 1080P tribrid hdcvi system installed and running.

I can see the motion detected recording but can't figure out how to save recordings to a usb and view on my PC.

I just can't figure out the software. Can someone please help me out?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: How to download and view recording on a PC?

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

You can download files from the DVR's web interface on a PC. If you are unsure of how to view the DVR from a PC, please take a look at the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWwB-KbW0y0

Please find below the detailed steps for backing up files to a USB drive directly from the DVR.

Format your back-up external storage drive. These steps are for an external Thumb Drives with sufficient storage space; but the format procedures will work for any type of USB external drive.

a) Insert the Thumb Drive in the USB port on the DVR. It could be the front or it could be the back USB port.

b) Login to your DVR. Afterwards, you should see the “MAIN MENU” screen.

c) Click on “SETTINGS”.

d) Click on “SYSTEMS” at the top.

e) Click on “CONFIG BACKUP” on the left. You should see the external USB Disk in the box named, “Device Name”.

f) Click on “Format” at the bottom.

g) Click “OK”. The disk should start formatting.

h) Click “OK” after the “Format Finish” message appears.

i) Using the mouse, Right Click anywhere on the applet. You should see the “MAIN MENU” window appears.

j) Click on “SEARCH” in the “OPERATION” Bar Menu.

k) Click on “REC” on the Right Panel which appears. Make sure it is highlighted.

l) Click on the particular date in the Schedule shown below that you want to back-up onto the external drive.

m) Click on the single square box if you are interested in backing-up only one channel. In this case, choose the channel you want by clicking the down-arrow in the next box below and choose the appropriate channel. If you want to back up more than 1 channel, then click the box with the four squares or nine squares; then select the appropriate channels you are interested in backing up by using the down arrows for selection(s).

n) Click on the “File List” (shown as 3 bars) towards the lower Right. You should see a long list of recorded files starting at 12:00:01 AM. Each has a check-box on the left side and represents a 1-hour segment of previously recorded video on the Hard Drive installed on the DVR.

o) Click on a specific check-box for the particular 1-hour segment you are interested in backing-up to your external USB Drive. You can click on as many check-boxes; but remember, you need to have sufficient space on your external drive to perform the back-up for all the different 1-hour segments previously recorded. As an example, if you want to back-up previously recorded activities in the 06:00:01 PM and 07:00:01 PM hours, you check the two appropriate boxes: 06:00:01 PM and 07:00:01 PM. If you want to back-up previously recorded activities in the 06:00:01 PM hour only, you check the 06:00:01 PM box only.

p) Click on “Backup” represented by a Floppy Drive, located on the right at the bottom. You should see a new screen appears.

q) Click on “Backup” to start your back-up of the 1-hour segment(s) of previously recorded video on your DVR Hard Drive.

r) Click “Start” on the next screen. This will start your back-up and it will be stored on your external USB drive. Depending on how many 1-hour segments you have chosen it will take some time; so be patient. After the Back-up is completed, you should get a message that says, “Backup Finished”

s) Click “OK” and you’ll be back the the Back-up screen

t) Right Click your mouse 3 times and you should be back to your viewing Screen

u) Remove your external drive from your DVR

v) Install the Amcrest Smart Play for Windows on your Laptop or Desktop: https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Smart-Play

w) Insert the external USB Drive on your Laptop or Desktop

x) You can now use the Amcrest Smart Play for Windows application to view your back-up video on your Laptop or Desktop.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

CramNevets

Re: How to download and view recording on a PC?

Post by CramNevets »

There are many options. What I do is run FileZilla on my PC and then configure FTP on the DVR to send those files automatically to my PC. I also use an program, AutoDelete, to purge the files after so much time so I do not run out of space.