How to download a video clip

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Brien

How to download a video clip

Post by Brien »

I want to save a 2-minute clip of video that was recorded last night. It seems the clips are being broken up by event type.

Example (say each clips is 30-seconds):
Normal recording 19:54:00
Motion detect 19:54:30
Normal recording 19:55

What I get when I download the 2-minute video is three different clips. I'm on a Mac and have yet to find a free .dav viewer so I can't watch them let alone copy-and-paste each clip into one whole file. I have to upload them to YouTube so I can view them.
jeffee

Re: How to download a video clip

Post by jeffee »

have you tried using amcrest smart play ? go to support ,apps and software and under mac look for amcrest smart play. this will play dav files. what camera are you using ? i use the ip2m-841b or 841w. if you use this camera they had a problem with dav files not having audio ,don't know if its fixed yet but there are ways around it . i had mine set up earlier to be able to play audio but i've since had to redo my setup and have not set this back up yet. i may try later to do this nd post . hope this helps
Brien

Re: How to download a video clip

Post by Brien »

Using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software worked. You'd think connected directly to the NVR you'd be able to do the same thing. Go figure, thanks!

BTW, here's the video I was trying to capture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jePmOx1Elk

We have a sensor on our lights that kick on when there is any sound. Scared them!