How to add audio to outside POE camera?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Rickdean22

How to add audio to outside POE camera?

Post by Rickdean22 »

Hello. I have a 4mp Amcrest POE camera on top my barbershop facing the train tracks and depot. How can I add a microphone/audio to the camera? Only want to hear the traffic and trains going by. Thanks, Rick
jack7

Re: How to add audio to outside POE camera?

Post by jack7 »

You could try this with your camera if it supports external audio input, or just attach it to a speaker in your barber shop.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S ... 1_3&sr=8-3
Rickdean22

Post by Rickdean22 »

Thanks. However the camera (IP4M-1026) is POE connection which is RJ45 and does not have a analog pigtail for audio. I plan to live stream the Trains and traffic on youtube. Audio would be nice. Sure would be nice if Amcrest would make an weatherproof version of the UltraHD. I'll keep on a searching for a solution.
Rickdean22

Post by Rickdean22 »

Anyone know the Pin configuration on the RJ45 POE cable? Or where I could find it on this site? Perhaps I could hack in audio from an unused pit and harness some voltage. Comments appreciated.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Rickdean22 wrote: Sure would be nice if Amcrest would make an weatherproof version of the UltraHD. I'll keep on a searching for a solution.
Outdoor UltraHD cameras with external audio:
IP4M-1028E
IP8M-2493E
Outdoor high function PTZ cameras with external audio:
IP2M-853E
IP4M-1053E
smithjohn2

Post by smithjohn2 »

For that my suggestion is that you will do one thing just get some review and from there you will do one thing just collect more tricks and apply it. Actually, I use Mac and I have software by which I handled it easily. I hope that tricks will help you easily.