How to access 4k 20fps footage.

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
polog

How to access 4k 20fps footage.

Post by polog »

i have a new Amcrest....

When i record the footage (from live view), its not 4k, 20fps.
When i use the playback function to view the footage its not 4k, 20fps.

Settings are set to 4k, 20fps.

How do i access the footage?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to access 4k 20fps footage.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Need more info.

Your camera has a set of abilities if you set up a 3rd party software or hardware to work outside of that 2 things can happen 1 the software/hardware can pickup that difference or most likely ignore the difference. So Amcrest 8mp camera that works by design & 15fps connected to Amcrest complaint hardware will only work at 15fps

So I have a camera from Amcrest that will work at 60fps however it isn't stable working on a Amcrest NVR that normally works at 30fps even if I select 60fps in the encoding settings.

What camera are you working with and where do you have it set at 20fps?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
polog

Post by polog »

IP8M-T2669EW-AI

So where i see the 4k ,20fps setting is both through the app on my iphone AND through the amcrest web browser thing on my windows laptop..

What amcrest does 60fps (being honest i found it very difficult to source the camera from them, as they dont just list the specs of the cameras in a single page, the specs are hidden, or not present, ie not saying mic, means it has no mic? f it has no mic... state 'No Mic', makes it much easier ......
polog

Post by polog »

So then i see a different setting(lower quality) for 'streaming'.....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That camera looking up in the main page it states this info..
Stunning UltraHD 4K (8-Megapixel / 3840x2160) resolution , 4K @30fps (4K @20fps when AI is enabled, AI is automatically enabled).

So this means that the camera will do 20fps as setup from factory so if you wanted to get 30 from it you would need to turn off the IVS AI aspect of the camera and use it standard..

About the camera having Audio? I can't say I don't own it what I can say is that it isn't always right until someone points out the issue the webpage for your camera says it has Built in Mic and to me that means that it has one. Now if it has a Pig tail that means it offers a remote pickup of an External Mic. Then within the camera it would need to be setup to take Mic from 1 point or the other. Again I don't have this camera I can't say either way. I know that some of my cameras say 2 way audio however that is only if you install a mic and speaker as they are not built in. It is true it is offered just not out of the box..

To the question what camera has 60fps
Amcrest 1046EW-AI. However that is a 4mp camera and 60fps is when the camera is working in 1080p as per the specs..
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

polog wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:54 pm i have a new Amcrest....

When i record the footage (from live view), its not 4k, 20fps.
When i use the playback function to view the footage its not 4k, 20fps.

Settings are set to 4k, 20fps.

How do i access the footage?
It sounds like you are watching Liveview on your phone app and then using the Recording icon to record a clip.
If so, the app default resolution is SD which is the Substream resolution and fps set up in your camera.  Use the Resolution icon on Liveview page to change from SD to HD resolution which is camera Mainstream that you say is set to 4K 20 fps.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah 2 things sorry mis understood the issue my 8mp camera is only 15fps so thought maybe trying to get more out of yours .

However what jack says works for the session you would be better off pressing the left top 3 lines w 3 dots then device manager then the camera you want then the pencil then at the bottom change from Extra for both display and playback to Main and then click Start Live view to save changes looks like picture below
Screenshot_20220725-003234_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20220725-003234_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (187.99 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
Be Safe
polog

Post by polog »

i had already set the stream to HD... but the quality still doesn't seem anywhere near 4k 20fps..... i wonder if its just as the angle is so wide?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I am not sure.. With mine is HD mode, If I take a Screen Shot of my 8mp camera feed. and look at the details it is only 2400x1080 however my camera is setup for 3840x2160 so just over 8.2mp.

So then I took a Snapshot and looked and it was saved at the cameras settings..

I looked at the display on my Cell phone and it was setup for 2400x1080 and that was why I was looking at this I have since changed it to 3200x1440 and when I do a screen shot on my phone that is the size I get again doing a snapshot from the app and it is in the right size of 8mp as the camera is setup for..

So then it will come down to the size of your Display of your phone.

I would look at your phone/tablets display settings and make sure that it is setup high enough to get the details your looking for. I have blue light filter turned on or I would be able to set my screen higher but I like the light filter over not having it on so I am limited to 3200x1440
Be Safe
polog

Post by polog »

im pulling on a laptop, big screen (21inch)