How to access 4k 20fps footage.

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to access 4k 20fps footage.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Then you would only get the format of the Laptop and any captures that you took with the device with manual controls should be the right size. However there are many different things that can happen when your looking at your footage. One you would want to make sure to use IE or VLC for playback of any 4k footage, Shouldn't be an issue with playing back your own footage but may want to make sure that you have HEVC Video Extensions from the play store installed and that your Display for sure works in 3840x2160.. Also I am sure with being 21in that your laptop is a newer then a 7th Gen Kaby Lake CPU, If it isn't then chances are you won't be able to play it no matter how hard you try outside the Normal HD format.

Ultra HD is hard to playback on most laptop and computers without bunch of hoop jumping..
Be Safe.
polog

Post by polog »

i think ive got it now... but its to wide an angle... i think a hikvision bullet cam maybe better....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I can't say. What I do know is your using a lower then normal 8mp AI camera and it don't meet your needs. There are other cameras out there in the Amcrest family that have better ROI, FOV, and AOV. Some even with Zoom that are 4k that would out perform many Hik cameras.

Like the 2546, 2796 or 2896 cameras. and to be honest would be about the normal cost of a Hik 4k camera Like a starting DS-2CD2T83G0-I8 that would run around 280usd and then then you would need to make sure to grab the Lens to make you happy. Offing 4 different the one shown is longer range IR with i5 or i8 being 50m or 80m they offer cameras form 53 degree to 124 degree FOV in 4 models and the lower the FOV the higher the price...

THe camera your working with in my mind is Entry Level for AI and cost less then 1/2 of a Hik 4k camera. They only offer 3 different body styles in 4k bullet cameras. Most people that support Hik I am going to guess will say stay with 5mp or lower for quality night time camera footage..

But yeah maybe Hik would be a Better camera for you.. Wish you luck..
Be Safe.