Hard disk light is on, but ...

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
lmolter54

Hard disk light is on, but ...

Post by lmolter54 »

Even though I have told my NV2108E *many times* to overwrite when full, the HDD light always comes on. If I format the drive, of course, it goes out. So, what does the light mean? Low space? Full? Failure? And is it really overwriting old files when it's full?

Or ... is it time to upgrade to the NV4108E?
James.S

Re: Hard disk light is on, but ...

Post by James.S »

lmolter54 wrote:Even though I have told my NV2108E *many times* to overwrite when full, the HDD light always comes on. If I format the drive, of course, it goes out. So, what does the light mean? Low space? Full? Failure? And is it really overwriting old files when it's full?

The light indicates the use of the HDD so. When full the device will overwrite starting with the older files.

If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] We would be more than happy to assist you.
lmolter54

Re: Hard disk light is on, but ...

Post by lmolter54 »

James.s wrote:
lmolter54 wrote:Even though I have told my NV2108E *many times* to overwrite when full, the HDD light always comes on. If I format the drive, of course, it goes out. So, what does the light mean? Low space? Full? Failure? And is it really overwriting old files when it's full?

The light indicates the use of the HDD so. When full the device will overwrite starting with the older files.

If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] We would be more than happy to assist you.
Um ... The HDD light stays off until it is full. That's what happened last time. For some reason, setting the 'Overwrite' option from the browser interface did *not* set this option. I could only set it when logged into the physical NVR. So, the option is set to overwrite, but the HDD light is on. Yes, the HDD is nearly full, and it will always be since the older files are being overwritten. I just thought that the light would not come on at all if I was overwriting.

AS another poster mentioned, I should get the documentation. Where? And what I've seen is pretty lightweight. I'm actually thinking of buying another manufacturer's NVR because I'm not sure of the quality of this product. Maybe the NV4108E is better? No one will say definitively.