Going away triggers better than moving towards.

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
longedge
Site Admin

Going away triggers better than moving towards.

Post by longedge »

I've noted both with my IP2M-841B and also the cameras attached to my NVR (another make) that movement away from the camera triggers motion detection much more reliably than when people are approaching. Has anyone esle found the same, is there a reason for this? I should add that I've experimented with sensitivity settings throughout the range.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
James.S

Re: Going away triggers better than moving towards.

Post by James.S »

longedge wrote:I've noted both with my IP2M-841B and also the cameras attached to my NVR (another make) that movement away from the camera triggers motion detection much more reliably than when people are approaching. Has anyone esle found the same, is there a reason for this? I should add that I've experimented with sensitivity settings throughout the range.
Please send a photo of the camera's view, there could be a few things that could cause this issue. In my findings, I found it could be how the camera is mounted ( what angle it is looking at the target) that would cause this issue.

Send a photo so I can further examine it for you.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Going away triggers better than moving towards.

Post by longedge »

Many thanks for the offer - p.m. sent.

p.s. I haven't answered the question. The camera is inside a bedroom window looking down across my driveway at an angle I would guess at about 45°.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03